Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 9Z owners please help !!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 08:58 AM
sea157
My Feedback: (30)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 9Z owners please help !!

My 9Z is set up in mode ll but my throttle and elevator trims are reversed.
The trim on the left vertical slide trim is trimming my elevator and the trim on the right vertical slide is trimming my throttle.
How can I change them so the left side trim is trimming my throttle and the right side trim is trimming my elevator?

Thanks
Old 02-28-2015, 09:15 AM
woodie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

See the following link for lots of info on programming the 9Z and how various functions work. Good source of general information. See #32 under General questions for info on 'crossed trims'.

http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-9z.html

Woodie
Team Futaba
Old 02-28-2015, 09:17 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

I don't remember exactly how that change is made but it's called cross trims and I really liked it on my 9Z but it confused the hell out of anyone I let use it to fly one of my models....

Any way, what I'd do is hit Futaba's website and look for the manual to download and there may still be an FAQ section on the radio there as well. Be warned; it's a great radio especially for it's age, but it's not user friendly to program. Once you figure out the basics it gets easier but the 9Z is where I learned that I needed backups of the programming. So as I would start programming a new model and got say the ailerons working, I'd back that up. Get the rudder setup, backup again over the top of the original. That way when it's all setup you have a backup and can feel free to experiment more with the programming and mixes at the field.

Sorry if you already know this stuff and I'm guessing it's a new radio to you, but that's where I'm coming from, no insult intended.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:17 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

woodie types faster than I do.... lol
Old 02-28-2015, 09:22 AM
woodie

Zeeb, I have a normal typing speed of 52 mistakes a minute.... ;-)

Woodie
Old 02-28-2015, 10:39 AM
sea157

Thanks Woodie and Zeeb.
I got it now with help from you guys!!!

Now if I copy this plane and use it as a start to set up more planes I should not have to reverse these again,
AM I CORRECT?

Originally Posted by sea157
My 9Z is set up in mode ll but my throttle and elevator trims are reversed.
The trim on the left vertical slide trim is trimming my elevator and the trim on the right vertical slide is trimming my throttle.
How can I change them so the left side trim is trimming my throttle and the right side trim is trimming my elevator?

Thanks
Old 02-28-2015, 01:22 PM
woodie

yes, you can do that, or create a model with all the 'basic' settings you want like the crossed trim settings, save it with some name you recognize like 'DummyXYZ'. then just copy that model, rename it and set the rates, etc, for the new model. I do that all the time. I have a dummy model for pattern planes that includes all the basic settings I want, I copy and then rename the new model, tweak the settings for throws and in a few minutes you have a new model programmed.

Woodie
Team Futaba
Old 02-28-2015, 01:56 PM
sea157

Thanks Woodie you are a GREAT HELP!!!