Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Help with Futaba Telemetry Setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 04:43 PM
pbeck39

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help with Futaba Telemetry Setup

I have a Futaba T14SG radio with which I fly an Aeroworks 3oo extra aircraft. Recently I purchased a Futaba telemetry GPS module (SBS 01G) and coupled it up to the 7000SB receiver via the SBUS 2 port. Next, I took the system outside and waited until the SBS module displayed a steady green light indication. I then tried to set up the various screens on the transmitter that relate to the GPS system but so far, the only displays I can get are battery voltage ( directly through the receiver), distance and thirdly, altitude.

The one display I really want to see is speed yet I cannot seem to be able to bring that up, so that on the transmitter display I would see 4 separate subscreens being voltage, distance, alititude and speed. The slot assignment of the module is 8 which seems correct.

Can anyone provide some advice as how to get this to operate as perhaps I am missing something fundamental here. Thank you,

Last edited by pbeck39; 04-14-2015 at 05:23 PM.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:46 PM
pbeck39

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the issue resolved now. The manual is not that clear in many such areas so should anyone have a similar issue, this is what you need do. Connect up the SBS 01G module to the SBUS 2 port of the telemetry capable receiver. (Eg Futaba 7000SB).

On the T14SG transmitter, select the telemetry monitor screen by pressing the home/exit button. Most likely you will see RX-BATT. RECEIVER. To add your sensor scroll across to RECEIVER, PRESS RTN and a screen with display, start slot and sensor pops up. The display will show 1 (this being the battery voltage) so highlight the number 1 and set it to 2. Scroll down and highlight the dashes beside sensor. Let's say you want speed to display so select SBS-01G as the sensor by rolling your finger around the dial on the transmitter. Press again the RTN to lock it in. Now under the sensor you should see DISTANCE. Highlight this and as above, roll your finger round the dial to select speed. Press RTN to lock it in. You now have selected speed as the display in the monitor in position 2. Repeat as required for any other desired selections by selecting a sensor then add on the next number, Eg 3, then scroll down to the lines by sensor, select the sensor then highlight the mode beneath and change as desired.

Last edited by pbeck39; 04-15-2015 at 12:26 AM.