Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Elgae FASST receiver

Old 05-17-2015, 10:32 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Elgae FASST receiver

I just for the first time ran across an Elgae FASST compatible receiver and it looks identical to the old Orange FASST receiver except for color. Does anyone know if they are, in fact, the same receivers with just a fresh look? The blue certainly looks better than that dastardly old orange color they sold for years.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:21 AM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JollyPopper
I just for the first time ran across an Elgae FASST compatible receiver and it looks identical to the old Orange FASST receiver except for color. Does anyone know if they are, in fact, the same receivers with just a fresh look? The blue certainly looks better than that dastardly old orange color they sold for years.
Don't know about the Elgae but the FrSky FASST works well and will bind in Multi mode http://www.alofthobbies.com/tfr6-a-f...-receiver.html

Mike
Old 05-18-2015, 06:08 AM
pilotpete2

+1 to that!
Their First Class postage in the US is just over 3 bucks. Beats dealing with HK;-)
Got a TFR4-B on the way right now for use in a 2M 3 channel sailplane. The ability to link in multi-mode is important in a thermal sailplane so you can set F/S to breing it down in a controlled manner as fast, or should that be FASSTest as possible???;-)
Pete
Old 05-18-2015, 07:32 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

I agree. I have been using FrSky receivers for a couple years with never a problem. The bind button is much easier to access than the Futaba also. I am not sure how many FrSky receivers I have at this point, but it is well over a dozen. I also have some Futaba and some Orange receivers, but I much prefer FrSky. I get mine at ValueHobby.com.
Old 05-18-2015, 10:29 AM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Even though the FrSky FASST receiver will bind in Multi mode and provides those failsafe settings it does not have the low battery failsafe the most Futaba recovers have.

Mike
Old 05-29-2015, 10:44 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I use FrSky FASST receivers in my competition gliders.

Don't know anything about the Elgae you asked about.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:49 PM
Bcolici

What i find interesting is that the FrSky 7 channel fasst compatible rx is rated up to 10 volts. The equivalent Futaba at only 6 volts!!????

Never even heard of Elgae.

Last edited by Bcolici; 07-30-2015 at 09:58 PM.