Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Which Tactic receiver?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 02:13 PM
billinpa

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which Tactic receiver?

Guys, I'm getting a Tactic 6 ch 2.4g computer radio and notice they have two types of receivers, one antenna wire and two antenna wires.
what do I want? Ifly casual recreational sport planes, Giant Scale J3, 40 size pattern ship, duraplane, Viper V tail and a little hand launch Battle Floyd and my newest (haven't assembled it yet!) a Tower Hobbies RxR F4U Corsair (electric).
Thanks as always for your help, tips and knowledge.
Bill in Pa.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:14 PM
pilotpete2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, the receivers with two antennae are considered full range, The receivers with a single antenna are more suited for small park flyer planes that are flown relatively close in. The Two antennae, when positioned at 90dg to each other provide better coverage, since when one antenna is at the wrong angle to your transmitters antenna, the other antenna will give you coverage. FWIW, I have the AirCore Spitfire where the Tactic receiver only has one antenna, and I use the original AnyLink. Never a range issue
Something like a giant scale Cub, where you may be flying further out, is a candidate for the dual antennae receiver.
Pete
Old 06-09-2015, 05:49 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Both the Tactic TR624 and TR625 are "full range" receivers. The TR625 does offer the dual diversity reception that two antennas offer, and may be better in a more-crowded radio environment or in larger aircraft that have a lot of things inside them that may restrict signal reception.
Old 06-10-2015, 07:32 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have several of each of those (the single antenna and the dual antenna) and have never had a problem with range on either of the types. I have never really given them an extreme range test though so can not say where the limit is. I am very satisfied with the Tactic (have the 650 and the 850 transmitters) and both have been very good. In my opinion, the TX850 is the best buy for the money you can get anywhere.
Old 10-30-2015, 08:38 AM
psychomax

I have the anylink module attatched to a Futaba 7c. I have purchased 6 Tactic TR624 receivers. and installed them in my foamies. I have lost 2 planes so far using this system. A Flyzone Tidewater. and a Dynam Hawker Tempest. The Tempest was a total loss. the Tempest suddenly fell out of the sky at around 60 yards and the Tidewater lost all control at approximately 30 yards. I had figured that since I had such great luck with Futaba products over the years that These receivers would be reliable but it's got me wondering now. I also have the Hitec 2.4 module on my 9C radio with the Optima series receivers and they have been bullet proof. I feel I can't take anymore chances so I am going to remove all the TR624's and replace them with Optima 6's. I have a Hitec Aurora 9x on the way also. Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 11-02-2015, 12:48 PM
jtsmash

For what your flying the Tr624 (single antenna) receiver is fine. They are full range and the biggest thing ive had one in is a .60 size pulse. (70" wingspan with a .75 glo engine) When i emailed tactic support when i first bought there radios they said the single antenna is good for sport size up to 60-75 size. They did recommend if your running something with retracts, flaps etc. to use the twin antennae version. I have been using tactic for the last three years, never a glitch, rock solid. FWIW