Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Tactic Tx and non Tactic Rx

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 08:11 AM
billinpa

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tactic Tx and non Tactic Rx

I'm getting there! I ordered a Tactic 650 6 ch 2.4G computer radio, battery and two Tactic two wire receivers. Is it possible to use other manufacturers receivers with this radio? My understanding is the binding process is different from others, no plug, a button. Thanks again for the tips and assistance.

Bill in Pa.
Old 06-09-2015, 11:30 AM
pilotpete2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There doesn't seem to be any compatible receivers from other manufacturers for the Tactic SLT radios. Since the Tactic receivers are such a good value price wise, it's not all that likely that others will copy them.
Now Hobbico does offer a good selection of Tx ready models that use the Tactic SLT protocol, so they would be compatible with your radio.
Pete
Old 06-09-2015, 11:57 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hitec also manufactures an SLT receiver but I do not know if it and the Tactic Xmtr are compatable. I agree with Pete's post. The price is quite reasonable and the quality very high so would be difficult for a competitor to financially compete with Tactic.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:49 PM
pilotpete2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Rodney, Hitec did put the SLT protocol in the new Aurora 9X to make it useable with all the neat Hobbico SLT Tx ready models. Hobbico/Tactic makes the SLT protocol available to any radio manufacturer without any licensing fees, a good way to get other manufacturers to get on board. At this point there are no SLT receivers in the Hitec lineup.
One possibility down the road, FrSky has that Delta 8 receiver that works with a bunch of Fhss systems, so adding SLT to that receiver could be possible down the road. I hear a lot of good feedback on the Tactic radios, though my only experience is with an AnyLink, and that has been very solid.
Pete