Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR 9303 Radio Glitch?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 10:52 AM
Big Oakden
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 9303 Radio Glitch?

Guys,
I have a 9303 2.4 xmitter.
With my latest aircraft (Deuces wild, powered with two Shulman Aviation 4150 x 80amp ESC's)
I am only able to get 40 amps out of the motors/esc's.
I also tried Viper 120amp ESC's with EMP 4250-800kv motors with the same results.
The receiver is a JR 921-2.4. And has been flying this model weell. I wanted to upgrade the motors to go faster (who wouldn't).

I have even tried a spectrum receiver with the same results.

When we switched radios and receivers these motors provided much more power.
57amps/1100 watts vs. 40 amps/750 watts.

I have rebound the receiver with the motor/esc's set up several times to no avail.

Any suggestions would be welcomed, as I have spent close to a month trying to figure this out to no avail.

Thanks.
Old 06-21-2015, 11:01 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

With everything else the same its obvious one radio will put out a wider pulse than the other
Old 06-21-2015, 11:36 AM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dirtybird is probably correct. To check it out, go to the TRVL ADJ menu. If the 9303 throttles’ high end is set at 100% change it to 150%.

Allan
Old 06-22-2015, 05:27 AM
Big Oakden
My Feedback: (3)

Dirty bird,

I have tried it.

Once I had the receiver linked, I took the throttle adjust and took it to Max high, and Max low. Then ran the motor. There was no increase in rpms/amps/watts once I reached half throttle.
When I adjusted the low, click by click to when the motor actually started with the throttle at the bottom and the trim tab all the way down. I moved it down one click, and turned everything off, then on again. Then I tried doing the same thing with the high throttle. To no avail. Still 40 amps/750 watts.
What's funny is the prior two motors were at 58amps/1200 watts, and when I did a final ground check at home.
One was at 40amps/750 watts, and the other at 58amps/1200 watts. Lucky for me, I elected not to fly.2:1.2 left to right power would have buried the aircraft.

This is why I am frustrated.

The power was there before, now its not.

So, I have tried a different receiver, and had the same results, with all the same parameters.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:17 AM
Montee

This is far fetched but it is a possibility.
The throttle stick is not moving to min and max due to the throttle travel limiters.
To verify that, open the Tx and remove these travel limiter plates from the throttle gimbals. If you get the required power then send your Tx in to get the sticks re-calibrated.
I hope that can help.
Old 11-01-2015, 04:53 AM
macboss
My Feedback: (44)

Is there a stick calibration function on the radio? that would correct throttle stick travel to chanel out put ranges.
Old 11-01-2015, 07:07 AM
Checklst

Originally Posted by RSAnowCA
This is far fetched but it is a possibility.
The throttle stick is not moving to min and max due to the throttle travel limiters.
To verify that, open the Tx and remove these travel limiter plates from the throttle gimbals. If you get the required power then send your Tx in to get the sticks re-calibrated.
I hope that can help.
I had to have my gimbals calibrated on my 9303 they had drifted fairly far off of zero...........the radio is old and HH fixed for free as usually, matter of fact horizon has never charged me for radio/repair