Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Tactic TTX 650 and throttle

Old 06-26-2015, 06:23 AM
billinpa

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tactic TTX 650 and throttle

Hi guys...while setting up my new radio to the Tower Corsair I notice that to start the motor I have to advance the throttle, it beeps a few times, drop the throttle down to idle then when I advance the throttle again the prop starts spinning. Is this normal? Certainly not a big issue in fact it seems like a safety feature. Also while handling the radio the "D" switch fell off right in my hand. I contacted Hobbico and awaiting a response. I suspect I will send it back. How's their service? Will they send me a call tag for postage? Those switches are confusing to me and I would probably never use all of them anyway, but it should be repaired.
Thanks again for all the tips, info and suggestions.

Bill in Pa.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:08 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a problem with one of the slide switches and sent it back. It was fixed and returned very quickly at no charge.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:48 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Per the instruction manual, what you are experiencing is normal. You have the throttle stick at full idle before you connect the battery pack in the model. You'll get a beep. Advance the throttle to full, get a beep, and then retard it to the idle position. The speed control is now armed.

Please see pages 7 and 8 of the plane's instruction manual.

To get the broken switch fixed, send the transmitter to the service center.

Last edited by Bax; 07-06-2015 at 09:58 AM.