Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Servo compatibility with older 72mhz rx

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 05:54 PM
D400webb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo compatibility with older 72mhz rx

I thought this might be easy to find already in the forums, but I'm having no luck - my apologies if I've just missed it somehow.

My daughter wants to try RC e-powered flying, so I thought we could build a slow flying foam board plane together (using the Flite Test plans). Rather than buying new radio gear though, it occurred to me that I have a couple of older 4-channel JR am and fm 72mhz systems sitting around (sans servos).

So my question is merely whether modern (9g) servos will work okay with an older 72mhz JR rx?

i guess too, I should ask whether modern escs are also compatible with those older rxs?

Thanks in advance,
Dave
Old 07-20-2015, 07:44 AM
yorkiepap
My Feedback: (18)

Hey Dave,
You shouldn't have any issues with servos using 72Mhz. I fly several models still with 72Mhz on one of my JR10X's with both old standard servos & the new modern servos on several of my new planes. I use the JR R790 SelScan Rx's to be able to change channel at the field if necessary. I've never had an issue with any ESC with the 790's either, although I use the Turnigy Plush ESC's when I get a model with a questionable ESC such as the Dynam/Detrum series that seem to be troublesome for most. Personally, I'd not use the AM system. There is nothing wrong with the 72Mhz system & I've never encountered a range issue.

Denny
Old 07-20-2015, 08:21 AM
D400webb

Thank-you Denny!