Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

How much exponential

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 01:16 PM
billinpa

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How much exponential

Can anyone please suggest a starting point for setting the negative exponential for my Tower RxR Corsair with the Tactic 6 ch computer radio? On the bench I did the elevator and ailerons at -30%. Just from the looks of things little control surface movement until midpoint then the full deflection. I have it set to instruction specs for high rates. The ailerons are touchy when landing (without exponential) and the elevator is very sensitive...tomorrow I'm flying it again with the new settings. This is all new to me, I'm used to old school Futaba Conquest FM flying. Thanks again for any tips and suggestions.

Bill
Old 07-20-2015, 05:42 PM
shford
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been flying glow for a long time and always used -42 on ailerons and -25 on rudder and elevator. Recently have have started to fly some electrics. I find that I use more expo on ailerons, -46 along with 30-35% on elevator and rudder. They seem to be more "twitchy". I have also reduce the throw on the ailerons, usually around 85% high rate, 65% low rates. I have the Tower Hellcat and Mustang and they both fly great with these settings. I am using Tactic 850 tx and Tactic receivers.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:18 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The amount of expo depends on many things. First, which aircraft as there can be a big difference in how each feels best with expo. Now with the 650 you can set two different rates and try in flight by just using a switch, the 850 gives you three setting to try by just switching one of the 3 way switches. A good way to start out is to have no expo on one switch position and 30 % on the other. Try and then readjust if you want more or less.