Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Reciever missing part?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 05:27 AM
valleyrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reciever missing part?

I have been rebuilding my old tl-01 and i was putting all of the electronics back together last night. I noticed inside my receiver there are 3 ports with pins in them. Ch 1. and Ch 2 both have 3 pins. The remote port has 2 pins and a spot that looks like a 3rd used to be there. Is this the way it should look or did one of the pins break off? I cant look in the old
plug because someone actually stole my switch a long time ago and this is what i have left. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	receiver.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	849.8 KB
ID:	2111849  
Old 07-30-2015, 08:31 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can you use the receiver that way? Yes. The battery only provides power thru the black and red cables. The battery does not have a white (signal) cable attached to it.

Do you need the 3rd (signal/white) cable? Some radio manufacturers built into their systems what is called DSC (Direct Servo Control) which allowed you to control the radio system via a cable instead of "over the air". This was useful before the 2.4 days due to frequency conflicts in the 72 or 75mHz frequencies. Nowadays DSC has gone by the age of the dinosaurs.

Hope that helped a bit.

Rafael