Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

which servos

Old 07-30-2015, 05:06 PM
southern pride

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which servos

Ok I have only been flying about 3 months. I am finishing up building a sig kadet lt-40 kit and now I need to buy the election tonics. I have a spektrum DX6. I plan to use all spektrum equipment but I'm not sure all what I need. I have a spektrum reciever already and I am looking to buy the servos next. I can seem to find anywhere with good info on what servos I need to use in the kadet. Can some one please tell me what kind of servos I need. And please give me a brief break down of all the servo language I been reading about. Also after the reciever and sevo what else will I need.

Thanks in advance for the help!!
Old 07-30-2015, 05:47 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

You will need the standard analog servo for that aircraft such as he Futaba 3003.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:53 PM
southern pride

Will the futaba servo work with a spektrum reciever. Also are all standard servo basically the same as far as tourque ?
Old 07-30-2015, 06:40 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just about any servo out there will work with your radio. The servos do not need to be super duper servos, any standard servo will work.

Here are a few. So many to choose from.

I have a dozen or so of these. They are way over kill for your plane, but the price is good.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/33p-solarservo-d772.html

http://www.hobbypartz.com/33p-solarservo-d652.html

https://www.servocity.com/html/s3001...l#.VbrfrvldXRI

Buzz.
Old 07-30-2015, 07:07 PM
southern pride

Ok thanks for the info. Only one more question. What brand and size battery should I use??
Old 07-31-2015, 09:52 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

I have some of the Solar servos. They are good servos but they are very power hungry. If you use them I would get A123 batteries for them. Or a 2ah 5 cell NiCad. Run of the mill NIMH's will likely cause problems.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:28 PM
wnewbury

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like 5 cell AA NiMH. Easier to charge than LiPo or A123. Spektrum receiver will be happier with 5 cell, not 4 cell. I like Radical RC batteries and dealing with them.