Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Transmitter and receiver.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 08:46 PM
Colin13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmitter and receiver.

Hi all
Just got done building a scratch Delta Wing. My 6th build ever. Never built a Delta Wing before .This one is a gift for my little nephew. The transmitter I'm using dose not have elevon mixing. I'm using A CIRRUS DPR- 4FM Transmitter with 4 channel. works and runs but elevon don't move like they should. Can I get away with using the Hobby mate 3 axis flight controller
. and will that help with elevons. I'm getting use to the electronics for RC planes.
So can anyone tell me what I need to get. I don't have the money for a transmitter with elevon mixing. But I do want to see my nephew happy. So please help.
Thanks Colin
Old 10-06-2015, 09:30 PM
grotto2
My Feedback: (2)

It sounds like you may be a pretty good builder. If so, you can make a mechanical mixer quite easily. That's what we did before we had the electronics.
One of the simplest mechanical mixers is the 'sliding tray'. Mount your aileron servo onto a small tray that slides fore and aft, riding on hardwood rails that are glued to the fuselage sides. Connect a pushrod from your elevator servo to the tray so it can deliver the fore/aft motion. Simply connect your elevons to each side of the aileron servo wheel.
Hope this helps!

Last edited by grotto2; 10-06-2015 at 09:41 PM.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:58 PM
grotto2
My Feedback: (2)

Another solution
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...arehouse_.html
Old 10-07-2015, 10:12 AM
Colin13

Thank you so much for the idea about the (sliding tray) mechanical mixer. It will most sortenly work for what I need it for. I think I'll make the slid tubes out of straws. To keep the weight down. As this Delta wing build is made out of foam board. The kind for school science class. Lightweight and durable. I'll post photos of the project later. Thanks again Grotto