Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Trims function In Pilot Link Master in Spektrum Wireless Trainer

Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Trims function In Pilot Link Master in Spektrum Wireless Trainer

Old 10-23-2015, 06:45 AM
Victory Pete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trims function In Pilot Link Master in Spektrum Wireless Trainer

I have a DX18 G2 as master and a DX6 as slave. Contrary to what I have been told the trims in the slave are still operational. I want no trim action from the slave.
Old 10-23-2015, 12:22 PM
AndyKunz

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Pete,

If you're using WLT then you need to read page 17. This is because the slave transmitter in WLT mode thinks it's talking to a real aircraft, not just another transmitter.

If you're using wired then it's handled automatically by setting slave tx trainer mode to Slave and powering it up using the cable.

Andy
Old 10-24-2015, 02:03 AM
Victory Pete

Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Pete,

If you're using WLT then you need to read page 17. This is because the slave transmitter in WLT mode thinks it's talking to a real aircraft, not just another transmitter.

If you're using wired then it's handled automatically by setting slave tx trainer mode to Slave and powering it up using the cable.

Andy
Can you please refer me to the proper section that CLEARLY explains why the DX6 slave has functioning trims in Pilot Link Mode? The mystery continues. Page 17 just explains the trims with no mention of Wireless Trainer.
Old 10-24-2015, 04:35 AM
AndyKunz

Not until you clarify the mystery of your configuration.

There are two conditionals in my previous reply; which one more closely matches your configuration? As always, an SPM file is a useful thing that you know you should attach.

Andy
Old 10-24-2015, 09:03 AM
Victory Pete

Not until you clarify the mystery of your configuration.

There are two conditionals in my previous reply; which one more closely matches your configuration? As always, an SPM file is a useful thing that you know you should attach.

Andy
I have the DX18 G2 set up as Wireless Master in Pilot Link, DX6 as slave. Why are the trims operational in the DX6? Please explain clearly.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:09 AM
AndyKunz

This is because the slave transmitter in WLT mode thinks it's talking to a real aircraft, not just another transmitter.

If you would like to disable trims for this operating mode, you need to do so by following the instructions on page 17.

Andy
Old 10-24-2015, 09:20 AM
Victory Pete

This is because the slave transmitter in WLT mode thinks it's talking to a real aircraft, not just another transmitter.

If you would like to disable trims for this operating mode, you need to do so by following the instructions on page 17.

Andy
This information really needs to be in the manual. It would save a lot of time and confusion, not to mention some hairy training sessions. Thanks for taking the time to finally provide an answer, I know you must be busy sorting out the latest Airware bugs. I am glad I went flying that day and didn't anxiously download the update. BTW, I see nothing in this update that is of much interest to me, I will patiently wait until the next one for the exciting new changes you spoke about previously..
Old 10-24-2015, 09:24 AM
AndyKunz

Go back to my first post. All I did is copy/paste and then rearrange the two sentences. I "finally" provided the information you needed with my very first reply.

Andy
Old 10-24-2015, 10:05 AM
Victory Pete

Go back to my first post. All I did is copy/paste and then rearrange the two sentences. I "finally" provided the information you needed with my very first reply.

Andy
Please do not try to back peddle, you originally mentioned nothing about disabling the trims. Your response and manual are once again incomplete. Your attempt at trying to turn this around to make it look like I have been ignorant to the facts is unsuccessful. All you really have to do is practice some integrity and simply answer the questions the first time despite trying to save face.
Old 10-24-2015, 10:48 AM
AndyKunz

Is it your integrity that has gotten you booted off RCGroups at least twice now? Is it your integrity that had you insisting your name was Steven Johnsen (or some such) and lived in Indiana, even while posting photos that were obviously at your home flying field in Rhode Island?

What does page 17 talk about? Oh wait, you already answered that yourself: "Page 17 just explains the trims..."

You shouldn't need to be spoon fed any more, Pete. You've owned Spektrum radios for how long? Looking at your Community page I see one DX18 since 2010, another since 2011, and a DX18 since mid-2014.

You've used the Trim Setup screen before. We did that when you were learning about sailplanes.

You need to stop trolling. Think for yourself a little - I gave you all the tools you already had; you just need to apply them.

Andy
Old 10-24-2015, 11:23 AM
Victory Pete

Typical response from you, my integrity is fine, I believe in the truth, without smokescreens. It is quite obvious to anyone who was around those threads where you and your minions did all they could to harass and belittle me. I always had good ideas and comments about the Spektrum Txs. Apparently the Moderators there were tired of all your little henchmen constantly reporting every post I made. What is funny is I got banned without having anything more than 4 infractions in 2 1/2 years. BTW, I only have one DX18 G2, and currently one DX8. The first one was part of the initial DX8 recall fiasco. You still cant admit when anything from Spektrum is amiss, like the inadequate manual, specifically here not mentioning anything about the Wireless Trainer Trims discrepancy. You seem to like to set up riddles and then kick me down if I don't "get it". You purposely provide insufficient information in the hopes of ridiculing me. I am so glad I have a Jeti DS16 now for all my important planes, my DX18 G2 has been commissioned to my foamies and bind and fly helis. The current Spektrum line up can not compare to what they are doing at Jeti.
Old 10-24-2015, 11:34 AM
AndyKunz

Your account still has both DX8's on it, Pete.

Your banning had nothing to do with anybody from Spektrum, or even with any of the many Spektrum users you offended, to my knowledge. You may not realize if, but Jeti has several moderators on RCG, and your trolling in those threads is probably the reason for your most recent ban. You don't have to get warnings to get banned, especially if you're a repeat offender who was banned in the past.

Andy
Old 10-24-2015, 01:44 PM
st-bob

Because "trim" is not a separate channel, there's no way the master transmitter can ignore the trimmed outputs from the slave radio. To the master radio, the slave with its elevator trim set all the way forward (down elevator) just looks like the slave radio has its elevator stick pushed forward by the student.

The only way to disable trim from getting through to the master radio is to disable trim on the slave radio. To do this, on the slave radio, center the trims and then go into the trim setup menu for each of the trimmable channels and set the trim step to 0 (which disables trim). It may not be obvious to everyone, but it was pretty obvious that this is how you do it when Andy pointed you to the trim setup page in the manual...
Old 10-24-2015, 04:08 PM
Victory Pete

Your account still has both DX8's on it, Pete.

Your banning had nothing to do with anybody from Spektrum, or even with any of the many Spektrum users you offended, to my knowledge. You may not realize if, but Jeti has several moderators on RCG, and your trolling in those threads is probably the reason for your most recent ban. You don't have to get warnings to get banned, especially if you're a repeat offender who was banned in the past.

Andy
I have only one DX8, same one I had for 4 1/2 years. What point are you trying to make about my account? You bet my banning had everything to do with the Spektrum threads, you must be joking to say otherwise. Yes, there were some Belligerent Fan Boys at the Jeti threads, but they are nothing compared to your Lynch Mob. Jeti has moderators on RCGroups? Really? Do you mean Zb? Just the fact you had to go report to your Yes Men at RCGroups that I was posting here just speaks volumes about who the Troll really is. Good luck with your continued buggy Airware and unreliable hardware.
Old 10-24-2015, 04:19 PM
Victory Pete

Originally Posted by st-bob View Post
Because "trim" is not a separate channel, there's no way the master transmitter can ignore the trimmed outputs from the slave radio. To the master radio, the slave with its elevator trim set all the way forward (down elevator) just looks like the slave radio has its elevator stick pushed forward by the student.

The only way to disable trim from getting through to the master radio is to disable trim on the slave radio. To do this, on the slave radio, center the trims and then go into the trim setup menu for each of the trimmable channels and set the trim step to 0 (which disables trim). It may not be obvious to everyone, but it was pretty obvious that this is how you do it when Andy pointed you to the trim setup page in the manual...
It should be obvious to any of the new Airware DX Tx owners by being explained in the manual. The manual mentions nothing about what the trims do in Wireless Trainer mode. It was nice of you to migrate over here to help out your buddy Andy, now you better get back before you are missed by the rest of the herd.
Old 10-24-2015, 04:19 PM
st-bob

Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
I have only one DX8, same one I had for 4 1/2 years. What point are you trying to make about my account? You bet my banning had everything to do with the Spektrum threads, you must be joking to say otherwise. Yes, there were some Belligerent Fan Boys at the Jeti threads, but they are nothing compared to your Lynch Mob. Jeti has moderators on RCGroups? Really? Do you mean Zb? Just the fact you had to go report to your Yes Men at RCGroups that I was posting here just speaks volumes about who the Troll really is. Good luck with your continued buggy Airware and unreliable hardware.
Pete, chill out. Andy and you have a long-standing bad relationship. He asked for someone else to try to help you and I obliged. Don't shoot the messenger.

Bob
Old 10-24-2015, 04:22 PM
Victory Pete

Pete, chill out. Andy and you have a long-standing bad relationship. He asked for someone else to try to help you and I obliged. Don't shoot the messenger.

Bob
His posting the link in RCGroups was not to "try to help me", you must be kidding. He had already finally explained the issue by then. Are you really that blind?

Last edited by Victory Pete; 10-24-2015 at 04:24 PM.
Old 10-24-2015, 06:03 PM
st-bob

Bye bye, Pete. If this is how you act when someone tries to help you then you'll never get any from me or anyone else again. Good luck being all alone forever.
Old 10-25-2015, 01:59 AM
Victory Pete

Bye bye, Pete. If this is how you act when someone tries to help you then you'll never get any from me or anyone else again. Good luck being all alone forever.
Your response seemed genuine until you defended Andy's first incomplete response. Page 17 does not make it obvious that Pilot Link Wireless Trainer is in fact different from Pilot Link Wired Trainer (something I have been using for 5 years now). You have had a history of ridiculing and attacking me in the Spektrum threads for some time now so you should not be surprised by my response.
Old 10-25-2015, 12:00 PM
Victory Pete

I see you are spreading some more of your typical helpful charm. I rest my case.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=8220

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=8224

Last edited by Victory Pete; 10-25-2015 at 12:02 PM.
Old 10-25-2015, 07:01 PM
Aerocal

Pete Pete Pete

Just set the Trim Steps in the DX6 to Zero and be done with it. Of all the the things that may not be, I think Trim Steps was explained pretty clearly.It may have been Page 17 like Andy referred to.

From time to time you do come up with a valid point.This isnt one of them. TRIM STEP ZERO. Go Fly.
Have Fun!!!
Old 10-26-2015, 02:12 AM
Victory Pete

Originally Posted by Aerocal View Post
Pete Pete Pete

Just set the Trim Steps in the DX6 to Zero and be done with it. Of all the the things that may not be, I think Trim Steps was explained pretty clearly.It may have been Page 17 like Andy referred to.

From time to time you do come up with a valid point.This isnt one of them. TRIM STEP ZERO. Go Fly.
Have Fun!!!
As if I don't know that by now. As I have stated over and over, there is no mention whatsoever that Pilot Link in Wireless Trainer is different than Pilot Link in Wired Trainer. It should be mentioned, as it is quite a significant difference. Having used Wired Trainer for 5 years and expecting the trims to be inactive on my students radio and suddenly discovering that they are active in flight is somewhat of a chaotic situation. This is in fact another one of my many valid points. This significant detail should be mentioned in the manual, you and your other fanatical fan boys just cant seem to stop defending Andy and Spektrum, no matter what the issue may be. This speaks volumes about your credibility and numerous biased statements.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:04 AM
grizzly59

If you now own Jetti quit worrying about Spektrum. A valid point is good but you come off as trying to destroy Spektrum and Andy and love to spoof owners of Spektrum transmitters. I bet the guys on the Jetti site are happy you are there.
Old 10-28-2015, 01:28 AM
Victory Pete

Originally Posted by grizzly59 View Post
If you now own Jetti quit worrying about Spektrum. A valid point is good but you come off as trying to destroy Spektrum and Andy and love to spoof owners of Spektrum transmitters. I bet the guys on the Jetti site are happy you are there.
Yes the Jeti DS16 is great, so far above the Spektrum DX18 in many ways. I still use my DX18 though and as I have said numerous times, the manual should mention the fact that the trims in Pilot Link Wireless Trainer are very different from Pilot Link Wired Trainer. It is funny how some of you cannot accept that fact.