Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Older radio gear

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 05:41 PM
Bytor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Older radio gear

I've been out of R/C for almost 10 years now and want to start flying again. My JR 8103 and 347 radio gear is older and on the 72mhz band.

Can I still use it as I see everything is 2.4ghz now?

Thank you
Old 01-01-2016, 06:03 PM
kmeyers

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

It is legal if that is what you are asking. I use a JR 9303 and Futaba 9C on 72 all the time. No problem here.
Old 01-01-2016, 07:08 PM
Bytor

Great to hear... If I was to have to purchase everything again I may just not get back into flying when I have a lot of gear that still works. Just need to find a place to get batteries for the TX's and RX's now..

Thanks

PS: After looking at some of the new radios I find them very ugly looking...
Old 01-01-2016, 08:38 PM
baronbrian
My Feedback: (13)

Originally Posted by Bytor
Just need to find a place to get batteries for the TX's and RX's now.
http://www.radicalrc.com/category/Tx...-NiMH--NiCd-20

I recommend the NiCd 700 or NiMh 1650s for these transmitters, depending on what you want to spend. You can choose the connectors, for the x-347 you will need a JR black T plug, and for the 8103 you will have to check, the early ones used the black plug also, then later they switched to the white plug. pretty sure if you 8103 is a digital trim version you're looking at the white plug. Removing the battery cover on the transmitter will tell you what you need to know in a couple seconds.

another note, both of these transmitters use a button cell lithium battery to save model memory settings. Jr says they last five years, but I've had them last as long as 15 years. If that battery fails, you'll have to send the transmitter to Horizon hobby or JR americas for replacement.

Last edited by baronbrian; 01-01-2016 at 08:46 PM.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:55 PM
Bytor

Originally Posted by baronbrian
http://www.radicalrc.com/category/Tx...-NiMH--NiCd-20

I recommend the NiCd 700 or NiMh 1650s for these transmitters, depending on what you want to spend. You can choose the connectors, for the x-347 you will need a JR black T plug, and for the 8103 you will have to check, the early ones used the black plug also, then later they switched to the white plug. pretty sure if you 8103 is a digital trim version you're looking at the white plug. Removing the battery cover on the transmitter will tell you what you need to know in a couple seconds.

another note, both of these transmitters use a button cell lithium battery to save model memory settings. Jr says they last five years, but I've had them last as long as 15 years. If that battery fails, you'll have to send the transmitter to Horizon hobby or JR americas for replacement.
Thanks