Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Jeti rc REX 12 single or with satellite

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 04:20 AM
Fulcrum2111

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jeti rc REX 12 single or with satellite

Hello I am building a 20cc ESM warbird and I have planned using a 12 channel jeti rc receiver with a ds16 transmitter. The receiver has the option of using a satellite (RSAT in europe or R3) so the transmitter can bind to both receivers. Is it worth on this plane using the receiver with a satellite or just the single receiver will work fine?
Old 01-14-2016, 06:13 PM
BlueSkyRacing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fulcrum2111, I posed a similar question to the lead Esprit/Jeti tech, James, (very understanding & helpful guy) at the recent AMA show in Ontario California Jan 2016, My question was with respect to a turbine I am changing over from Futaba to a DS16 Jeti radio/telemetry systems, He was very clear that running two receivers was in his opinion a vastly superior approach with greater redundancy. On the most rudimentary level you will have potentially four antenna locations on your aircraft and two receivers with separate radio paths. Yes, one receiver will work but since you have a relatively sophisticated transmitter why not use some of its surplus functionality to buy you insurance on your model. The exact set up I will leave to more experienced minds to comment on. There has been quite a lot of discussion of the issue of using two receivers on other threads, all worth searching out and reading up on, so you can develop your own informed opinion and strategy for installation. One final note, if your planes construction involves the use of any materials that could shield (Carbon fiber, metal, etc) the antenna ends, please be sure to bring them to the outside surface of the air frame. Orient the antennas at 90 degrees to each other, as far as possible from any EMF interference or Electrical/metal objects. I realize this is all very elementary, but I have been shocked to see a number of installations not adhering to these basic construction guidelines, usually when they are in broken bits. keep the signal strong and the force will remain with you. GP