Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Help plz

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 03:07 PM
Rgascon25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help plz

I just bought my son a he lion do minus 10sc. It was working just fine until we put the battery to charge. Once the battery was fully charged we put it on and now all it does is go forward and reverse it wot turn. The servo looks like it wants to turn but can't. I checked all the links and all they are good and movable. Is there something I can do to get it working or does it have to go to a hobby shop. I am new to this so any help will be greatly appreciated...
Old 02-13-2016, 10:06 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Sorry, for not getting to this sooner. Normally I check out the RC Car Radio Equipment for the "surface" side of the hobby.

Do you have forward and reverse working when you use your transmitter to control your ESC/motor?
Old 02-13-2016, 10:33 PM
RustyUs

I hate to say it, but generally the servos that are put in RTR vehicle don't last long. They are one of the first components that normally gets upgraded.

Was the servo working fine last time the truck was used? Was a crash/jolt involved in the running of the truck? Is there any movement of the servo when you turn the transmitter's wheel?

Anyway. If your throttle channel is working fine, then you can swap the plugs on the receiver to check the servo:
Place the steering servo plug into the receiver's channel 2 port
Place the ESC plug into the receiver's channel 1 port.

This will allow you to use your transmitter's trigger to control the steering, and transmitter's wheel to control the throttle. I do this to diagnose radio/servo/ESC issues.
Old 02-16-2016, 07:27 AM
Rgascon25

The truck was working fine.. Until we tried to use it again. When we turn the rc contoller wheel the servo just turns slightly. The servo ain't stuck or anything because when truck is off I turn the wheels manually the I power it on and it centers the wheels..
Old 02-16-2016, 03:15 PM
RustyUs

Does your transmitter have a steering rate ("dual rate") knob on it? Crank that to maximum setting. Possibly that got turned down by accident and is now telling your servo you don't want full servo throw.

After I posted, I checked out your radio. It's like a lot of other manufacturers transmitters. I see yours also has the steering rate toggle switch right by the thumb resting position. Very easy to bump that switch and take out all of your steering.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	radio.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	2147800  

Last edited by RustyUs; 02-16-2016 at 03:34 PM.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:17 PM
Rgascon25

I got it thank you so much I really appreciate it.. I went to a rc shop and the guy just sold me a new servo..lol thank you it's up and running now

Last edited by Rgascon25; 02-16-2016 at 05:38 PM.