Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Need a new servo for my savage...

Old 04-27-2016, 02:33 PM
madmax22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a new servo for my savage...

Im on my third servo in this truck in about 2 months & i have no idea why. The servo's just keep locking up. My servo saver is set properly but im not sure what is going on.. I keep getting like $25 spektrum servo's so im thinking about spending a few more bucks and getting something decent. Waterproof is a plus but not necessary, metal gears is a must. It doesnt have to be the fastest thing in the world im just a basher looking for something reliable. Any recommendations around the $40-$60 range? Thanks.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:38 AM
Xpress

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The Savage is a pretty large truck and really does need a strong, durable servo. I'd like to push you more towards a servo like the HS-7955TG because it's a titanium geared digital coreless servo that has proven itself to be more than up to the task of 1/10 scale bashing trucks and 1/8 scale racing trucks and buggies. It's a bit above your price range, but it's worth it to pay a bit more for the best servo you can get.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:55 PM
RustyUs

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
The Savage is a pretty large truck and really does need a strong, durable servo...
+1 Something in the 300 (or more) oz-in torque range for a 1/8 scale 4wd monster truck would be best.
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
... a titanium geared digital ...; ... it's worth it to pay a bit more for the best servo you can get.
Amen brother. I can tell you it only took me once to skimp on a servo (actually a bulk pack). Not a fun experience. Also, it's digital or nothing for me anymore. I'll sacrifice a little bit more power consumption any day.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:52 PM
madmax22

What do you guys think about this? http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-airpl...1256tg/p262182
Old 04-30-2016, 04:27 PM
RustyUs

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

That will do fine. Plenty of torque I suppose. I'm sure the some of the Savages came with servos producing only mediocre torque. Just try and find some reviews of the servo mentioned. Are they power hungry little critters?
Old 04-30-2016, 05:22 PM
madmax22

It has pretty damn good reviews, i think im going to give it a try.