Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Tactic TTX850 anyone ever have any link issues (8ch receiver only)

Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Tactic TTX850 anyone ever have any link issues (8ch receiver only)

Old 05-09-2016, 10:23 PM
Ford_Flyier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tactic TTX850 anyone ever have any link issues (8ch receiver only)

I bought the TTX850 the replace my old first gen Futaba FASST radio. For the price it has great features and so far I have really enjoyed using it. I have 4 receivers at the moment, one 6 channel single wire antennae and one 6 channel twin wire, and one 8 channel receiver. The link light on the 8 channel will flash off and on basically loosing link a few times every 45 secs to a min and the servos become useless.. Since the 6 channels works great I assumed receiver it was a bad receiver (i noticed the issue during a battery change) and without issues hobby services sent me a new one no questions asked 2 days later. Well this one does it to and I am sure everyone can understand my concern here. Even though the 6 channel receivers seem OK it really makes me nervous. I have already emailed hobby services and I am sure they will want me to send in the radio to repair or replace it which mean that my 3 week vacation I had plan to veg at the club field wont happen!

Anyone else run into this?
Old 05-10-2016, 05:08 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have 4 of the 8 channel receivers, 1 of them the 826 the others 825 with the top plugs. All have worked perfectly along with 6 of the 6 channel receivers.
Old 05-11-2016, 05:13 PM
Ford_Flyier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well let me ask you a question then. I had used the 825 in one model and flew twice with no issues. I only noticed this when I had the plane on the bench in my shop and the blinking light caught my eye, and my attention. The TX was about 1 to 2 feet away from the model. Last night I noticed that having the TX farther away from the RX made the problem disappear. I've never seen it, but could it be that the twin antennae 8 channels RX do not like to be so close to the TX?

I emailed Hobby Services about the problem and they didn't ask question they want me to send the system back so they can send me a new one, Probably best but it's going to ruin my vacation I planned to use flying.

I see your in Florida, I'm in Orange Park.