Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Help

Old 05-11-2016, 06:02 AM
fastpace
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

Is there any one out there that would help and OLD modeler program a 14sg tx. I have used futaba computers radios before but this one is more than I can handel. I have tried and got part done but I am stuck on some things. If I could talk with some one that has experience with this radio and could walk me threw things until I can get the hang of what the right buttons are and what shows up on the screen means. futaba has helped me some with good results but I need more time than they can give. Some of the guys I fly with our futaba haters so they are no help. If some one out there could throw me a life line I would be so pleased. I really feel stupid but I just can not make it all come together. I have read the manuel and played with the radio trying to fumble my way threw and it does not work for me. Thanks to any one for help, we could private message a phone number if that would work for any body. I have everything installed in the plane and have the plane ready to fly but can not get all the mixing and DR rate and switches fixed. I am afraid I will have a stroke or die before I ever get this great radio done so I can use it as I have my old ones.

Thanks

Last edited by fastpace; 05-11-2016 at 06:14 AM. Reason: add on
Old 05-13-2016, 07:08 AM
slopoke
My Feedback: (16)

I would suggest you post on rcgroups.com
There is a very active radios forum there.
I feel your pain as I am making transaction to another brand.
Old 05-13-2016, 08:43 AM
TFF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The upper end Futaba radios are not intuitive for sure. That is what the middle radios are for. You will literally have to get a sheet of paper out write down what you want to do and then build a program flow chart. Menu by menu you knock it down. They are professional's radios.
Old 05-13-2016, 10:51 AM
fastpace
My Feedback: (8)

Thanks for the help, I have talked to JR and Spectrum people and they seen to say they have the same problems so it must be kind of a universal thing. Several people using spectrums only have one switch programed. At one time I could get the best futaba had and work my way threw, but this is for sure much harder.

Old 05-13-2016, 01:10 PM
slopoke
My Feedback: (16)

The radios do all the same things, but the terminology is different. Be sure to set wing types up correctly first and it automatically sets much of it for you. Use the format : "when I flip switch x I want y and z to do this. Trying to translate from the old to the new is frustrating. I moved to Spektrum from Futaba 4-5 years ago because everyone I fly with has Spektrum. But there is a steep learning curve.

Last edited by slopoke; 05-13-2016 at 01:15 PM.