Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 14SG - Throttle - > Rudder mixing

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 04:36 PM
CINTRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 14SG - Throttle - > Rudder mixing

Hey there dear pilots,

Came here because i need a extra help.

I´m wondering if it is possible (and how can i do it) to mix the throttle - rudder...i want to minimize all the work (right rudder) normally needed with all Warbirds during take off phase.

Thank you all and safe flights!
Old 05-18-2016, 05:58 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put a gyro on the rudder. That will take care of it
Old 05-19-2016, 11:06 AM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by CINTRA
Hey there dear pilots,

Came here because i need a extra help.

I´m wondering if it is possible (and how can i do it) to mix the throttle - rudder...i want to minimize all the work (right rudder) normally needed with all Warbirds during take off phase.

Thank you all and safe flights!
Please don't take this the wrong way as I mean this out of respect and experience. Learn to use the rudder! While mixes and gyro are an aid, they don't completely solve the problem.

A T - R mix will give rudder when you don't want it and not enough rudder when you need it. Your thumb or fingers can be trained to add just the right amount of rudder when you need it and the experience will reward you no matter what you fly.

If you must have an electronic fix for the problem, the gyro is the way to go as Dirty Bird suggested. Just be sure you can shut it off when it isn't needed or it will fight you in certain maneuvers.

I have one warbird that requires full rudder for about half of the takeoff run, then it is relaxed slowly as the plane takes off. Likewise, it needs a fair amount of rudder after touchdown during the rollout. I don't know how you would create the necessary mixes to take care of both of these conditions.

Last edited by Truckracer; 05-19-2016 at 11:09 AM.