Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

tx recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 07:14 PM
jmccrabb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tx recommendation

New to the digital world. Used to use futaba back in the day. Not a novice but need some guidance.
Being guided by the local hobby shop to spectrum dxm tx's. With no experience im not sure who to believe. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated thaxxx in advance
Old 06-17-2016, 07:42 PM
TFF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are going to get the PNP, Plug N Play, planes you have to get Spectrum. If not you can choose many brands. It depends on what you want to spend. I prefer Futaba FASST. I also still fly 72 mhz.
Old 06-18-2016, 05:57 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Another excellent choice (by far the best buy) is the Tactic TX850. High quality, low price, 30 model memory, lots of bells and whistles, easy to program and inexpensive receivers. You will be doing yourself a favor by at least checking one out. There are also plug and play planes available for the SLT (secure link technology) class of planes. Tower Hobbies often has some really great deals on the Tactic along with discount coupons.
Old 06-18-2016, 03:47 PM
jmccrabb

still 72 mhz ! i thought about that .... but after re battreing i thought a new 6 channel tx and rx is the way to go what ever the mfg
local hobby shop is offering the 6 dmx w/ rx and rechargeable batteries for ~250 with chargers Nmh batts. sounds like a good deal. still have to pay sales tax
TXXXX Jim
Old 06-18-2016, 03:49 PM
jmccrabb

still 72 mhz ! i thought about that .... but after re battreing i thought a new 6 channel tx and rx is the way to go what ever the mfg
local hobby shop is offering the 6 dmx w/ rx and rechargeable batteries for ~250 with chargers Nmh batts. sounds like a good deal. still have to pay sales tax
TXXXX Jim
Old 06-18-2016, 04:40 PM
JCOKEEFE
My Feedback: (2)

Hitec has an excellent selection of radio systems. Reasonably priced. I have used Hitec products for 15 years. Never any problems.
Old 06-18-2016, 07:28 PM
TFF

All depends on what you are going to fly. If you are going to fly park fliers and traditional 4 channel airplanes, its a good radio. I would look at 8 channel radios for down the road. Missing the modern ability to run multiple servos on one channel through the TX is limiting with todays planes.
Old 06-19-2016, 09:04 AM
kestrel0222
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by Rodney
Another excellent choice (by far the best buy) is the Tactic TX850. High quality, low price, 30 model memory, lots of bells and whistles, easy to program and inexpensive receivers. You will be doing yourself a favor by at least checking one out. There are also plug and play planes available for the SLT (secure link technology) class of planes. Tower Hobbies often has some really great deals on the Tactic along with discount coupons.
I agree 100%.....
Old 06-19-2016, 01:38 PM
jmccrabb

i have 10 new {chech out good with servo cycler} FUTABA FP-S14B servos Never been used.{ was a big fan of KRAFT servos had 50 for parts MADE IN AMERICA }} will they work with Tactic? Takin a hard look at IT as per your advise{ fantastic help BTW}
never hsad experience with PNP any advise on that topic ?
jim
Old 06-19-2016, 01:51 PM
kestrel0222
My Feedback: (1)

Yes.... Futaba servo's will work with the Tactic receivers...