Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

best one handed control out there

Old 07-31-2016, 10:21 PM
left-handed Jason

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best one handed control out there

I only have use of my left hand and am very interested in flying electric power plans but would be most comfortable knowing that there is a reliable radio control that I would be able to fly more then have to repair a down plan. Input from anyone is welcome to recommend the model or suggestions . Thanks for trying to help
Old 08-01-2016, 12:31 PM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

Look around for a single stick proportional radio. Some can still be found on E-bay. They were made for right handed use. Maybe you can work it out for your situation. Dan.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...ol&_sacat=2562
Old 08-01-2016, 01:31 PM
james love
My Feedback: (2)

check out radio south, they modified a JR 10x for me to a left handed single stick, works fine.
Old 08-01-2016, 01:37 PM
left-handed Jason

Thanks Dan
Old 08-01-2016, 01:37 PM
left-handed Jason

Thanks James
Old 08-06-2016, 04:31 PM
EloyM
My Feedback: (194)

Jason, I have a friend in Guatemala that only has one hand, though in this case, the right one. He is an excellent flyer, with a Mode Two two stick transmitter, elevator and aileron on the right stick. However, he has part of his left arm, which ends between the elbow and wrist. He uses a neck support for the transmitter, and operates the left throttle stick with his shortened left arm.
It would be easy to have a two stick transmitter changed operate the elevator and ailerons on the left stick. Question now is the throttle - do you have any portion of your right arm with any use at all.
Forget the single stick transmitter. You would gain the use of rudder, but you don't need it and if you check around, you will find that the majority only use the rudder stick to steer on the ground and can't do any flying with it. And you still have the problem of how to work the throttle!
Throttle? Well, you could hit the throttle stick (Right one) to full on and quickly get on the left stick. Or have a switch added close to the left stick that you could get to with one of your fingers. I am a technician, and have worked for the major established radio companies - no experience with any of the currently available Brand X
stuff now available. Years ago, so many that I forget all the details as to why, I added a mouth operated throttle to a transmitter for another not-100% person.
He held a small device in his mouth, bit on it for high throttle, relaxed for idle. No in-between, but most guys fly that way anyway. Something like that might work for you - think about it.
Do you have anyone to help you. Even a teen age daughter would do. Keep in touch. [email protected]
Old 08-06-2016, 06:14 PM
TFF

These are such individual solutions. Have you flown before or is this a new hobby. As for throttle, why not some type of foot control? I would think a tray or tray radio would be better than plane neck strap.
Old 08-24-2016, 05:18 PM
james love
My Feedback: (2)

I have a jr10x modified to single stick config for left hand operation. I have purchased a new tx and would be interested in selling the jr10x. If interested give me a call at 8068916876. James Love