Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

HITEC HG3XA Gyro Head hold Issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 06:27 PM
qwazzymotto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HITEC HG3XA Gyro Head hold Issue

Hey Guys,
I am stuck on this one.
I have Spectrum DX6i plus Orange RX. I connected the HG3XA and all works fine - except when I switch it into head hold mode. As soon as I switch it into this mode, the Rudder moved to the full left. Its still acts as it should when the plane moves around but from all the way left position. The Aileron and Elevator all behave as expected.
I thought at first I have a faulty HG3XA , however I bought 2 of them, I tried the other one and did exact same with the Rudder. Next I thought perhaps a bad servo, I pulled another server out of the tool box and does the same. I have no clue what else I can change.

The TX is set up, for Flaps, flight up 100%, Flap down 100%.

With Gyro off and regular mode all works fine as it should....anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.
Old 10-06-2016, 03:03 PM
Xpress

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe I answered your question on RCG, but incase you didn't see it...

Page 4 of the manual under 'Before Use' details how to reset the gyro's center position. This is necessary before flying the model, otherwise you will get erratic movement in heading hold and may not get the full benefit of the stabilized mode.