Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

flysky fs-gt3c question

Old 11-16-2016, 04:34 PM
pabobert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flysky fs-gt3c question

I looked every where and could not find anything on how many models memory the flysky fs-gt3c has?
Old 11-17-2016, 05:58 AM
RustyUs

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Old 11-17-2016, 06:43 AM
Roo Man
My Feedback: (1)

I found the spec on a Hobby Partz web site. It says that it has model memory but shows no quantity so assume it is only 1.
Old 11-17-2016, 07:30 AM
RustyUs

Taken from my manual:

Of the three FS-GT3C radios I have in use, I only have about two models saved on each transmitter. I could put all my RCs on one transmitter, but when friends and family come over, I just hand them each a radio and RC, and we head out to the track for good times had by all .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	manual page.JPG
Views:	1067
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	2190273  

Last edited by RustyUs; 11-17-2016 at 07:38 AM.
Old 11-18-2016, 02:39 PM
pabobert

Thank you for the info Rusty. I saw the same thing Roo Man. That is why I figured that I would ask the question here. Thank you to both of you.
Old 11-18-2016, 03:38 PM
RustyUs

I have a question.

How long will a FS-GT3C transmitter work before something goes kinda wonky?
Old 11-20-2016, 06:23 AM
RustyUs

Answer: After about two years of use. The one FS-GT3C transmitter of mine has mysteriously lost it's neutral point calibration on the throttle trigger. I thought I was losing it. No matter what amount of trim I use, or me trying to physically manipulate the transmitter's neutral point, the FS-GT3C will no longer calibrate with my ESCs . ESCs have no reference point for neutral throttle from this transmitter.

It's been a good run for the one bad FlySky transmitter in my collection. I guess I will put in a box and store it for possible parts use down the road.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:31 PM
coriolan

Probably just a bad pot! There is lot of upgrades for this Tx:
https://overkillrc.com/
Old 12-02-2016, 03:29 AM
RustyUs

Originally Posted by RustyUs View Post
And now after a couple of years of use, my transmitter will not center the throttle. So sad. I thought my ESC was acting up. I have no reverse, just slight braking when I let go of transmitter's trigger; this makes the ESC think you are never putting the trigger to the neutral position. This also means no transmitter/ESC throttle calibration is possible.

I took the FlySky radio apart to clean the trigger pot (potentiometer).

It was another no go.

The once great radio that I praised is now giving me the middle finger. I would like to think the No Neutral issue would be fixed with a replacement pot, but I'm just not sure at the moment if I want to invest time and effort finding one. My luck would be then to find out it's something in the firmware, or something else causing the No Neutral problem.
I gave FlySky a shout out, through email, to see where I could get replacement trigger potentiometer group. I think I already know the price will, more than likely, be more than what I think is reasonable.

@ EXT2Rob: I keep telling myself to bite the bullet and get extra Futaba receivers for my old faithful 3PM. They are $80 each . Even the 4ch FrSky (yes, that's correct spelling) Futaba FASST compatible receivers are $38.

I flipflopped for the past 24 hours on a RadioLink RC3S that others say is many steps ahead of FlySky radios.
Well now. If I can't get part directly from FlySky...that sucks. Such as life. Such as the disposable mentality that has come to a lot of people...when it breaks throw it out. The GT3C will fall into the cardboard box for parts.

This looks better and better everyday.
I've contacted FlySky and they won't sell me a potentiometer.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:55 AM
RustyUs

If you know of any pots for sale, give me a link please. I've wasted enough time trying to track one down, and why the FlySky email was sent.

I'll just put the bad FS-GT3C in box for now. My other two FS-GT3C's may be in need of parts at a later date.