Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR 11X Transmitter

Old 12-26-2016, 02:52 PM
Dgault

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 11X Transmitter

Is it worth buying a used JR11X transmitter or should I step up to the new XG11 transmitter? The JRXG11 wont work with my current receivers.
Old 12-26-2016, 10:02 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

With all the rumors going around about whether or not JR is going to survive, I'd stay with your stuff which has the Spektrum RF deck rather than going to the new JR DMSS format.
Old 12-27-2016, 10:55 AM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The programming for the JR 11X with version two software is very similar to the XG11 programming. What is lacking with the 11X is telemetry and XBus. While I prefer the DMSS protocol over the Spektrum DSM, you are correct that your Spektrum receivers will not work with the XG11.

JR PROPO is moving its manufacturing to its Malaysia plant. It will be difficult to obtain certain extra receivers in the mean time judging by what is on the JR Americas website. JR PROPO is also shifting its focus to commercial ventures and stated that there will be a delay in new R/C products. In August they posted an announcement of their plans on the JR PROPO Japan website. You can find it under the NEWS tab. The rest that is posted on the web is speculation and rumors.

Ordinarily I would recommend the XG11 over the 11X. But considering the unsettled state of affairs, a used 11X at a good price would be a better choice for now.

Allan
Old 12-27-2016, 07:48 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by AWorrest View Post

JR PROPO is moving its manufacturing to its Malaysia plant. It will be difficult to obtain certain extra receivers in the mean time judging by what is on the JR Americas website. JR PROPO is also shifting its focus to commercial ventures and stated that there will be a delay in new R/C products. In August they posted an announcement of their plans on the JR PROPO Japan website. You can find it under the NEWS tab. The rest that is posted on the web is speculation and rumors.

There is some new input from the Aussie importer/distributor for JR over on the FG radio forum. He said that the only place in the world who still doesn't know about it, or accept it, is the USA. He also claims that JR is shut down and that all the dealers worldwide were told several weeks ago that no backorders from Japan or Malaysia would be filled. When questioned about why no announcement, he said there was no one there to make such an announcement.

Granted, it's still "hearsay" but this guy is a well respected part of a major Australian importer/distributor.
Old 04-22-2017, 11:15 PM
crackertod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JR is alive and well Zeeb
Old 04-23-2017, 05:13 PM
bjw4072
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a clip from the JR America web site:

28X radios and NXB8921 Servos Now In Stock

The 28X radio and the NXB8921 servo are both in stock with more on the way. We also have a timeline for some other highly anticipated items:
RG613BX, RG812BX, RG812BPX Receivers - May
NX3421, NX3425, NX8931, NX8935 servos - July

Backorder yours now and we will email you when they arrive.

03/16/17