Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

wingstabi 7 channel and futaba 14sg with 7008b

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 03:27 PM
gravity always wins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wingstabi 7 channel and futaba 14sg with 7008b

I have a futaba 14sg and am using the supplied 7008sb receiver.
Am trying to configure a wingstabi 7 channel gyro with it but the multiplex instructions are vague.
Has any one got experience with this combination and can you please give me some guidance.
Thanking you in hope.
gravity always wins
Old 01-03-2017, 01:30 PM
Xpress

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What do you need some clarification on?
Old 01-04-2017, 12:23 PM
gravity always wins

Hi Xpress,
Thanks for coming back to me.
My problem is my MPX Wingstabi 7 channel and Futaba 14sg with R7008bh receiver will not 'talk' to each other.
Have set the receiver, and tried, in both S-BUS and S-BUS2 ports,, connected to B/D on wingstabi and tried with analogue and digital servos connected to Wingstabi.
In any situation Wingstabi led pulses green for about 10seconds and then turns red.
The other problem I have is the MPX Launcher, I have recently downloaded to my PC(WIN 10 operating sys.), does not recognise the Wingstabi unit, connected by supplied USB lead.
I am hoping that there is a way forward to solving these problems.
gravity always wins
Old 01-04-2017, 01:13 PM
Xpress

You need to plug your receivers S.bus lead into the port labeled "IN" on the Wingstabi unit. B/D is for updating/programming the Wingstabi. I've attached a diagram showing how to setup the Wingstabi channel mapping in your transmitter:

Channel 1: Left Aileron
Channel 2: Elevator
Channel 3: Rudder
Channel 4: Throttle
Channel 5: Right Aileron
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	55169.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	2195515  

Last edited by Xpress; 01-04-2017 at 01:16 PM.
Old 01-04-2017, 03:52 PM
gravity always wins

Hi Xpress
Thank you for such a prompt reply.
Humble pie and sackcloth and ashes. Should have read my typing before pressing send.
I did, in fact, mean IN and not B/D. I think I must have also been thinking about the 2nd problem,non recognition of wingstabi by MPX Launcher
when connected my PC.
my apologies for confusion.
I notice that on the diagram you sent there is no mention of Rx type 7008 but there is mention of Rx type 2008. The sales pamphlets here in U.K.
do not mention 2008 but do mention 7008. Also mention compatible with all FASST but corresponding diagram does not show Futaba and neither does
the 'extended manual' which is in the latest MPX Launcher.
gravity always wins
Old 01-05-2017, 09:46 AM
Xpress

Should work with the 7008 no problem since the S.bus protocol is the same as the others. The only other thing I can think of is either the Wingstabi is defective or it's not being plugged into the PC dongle correctly. My best advice now is to contact Multiplex about the issue since my experience is only with testing the system with Hitec receivers. You can find contact information for Multiplex on our website:

http://hitecrcd.com/contact-us/inter...l-distributors
Old 01-05-2017, 02:25 PM
gravity always wins

Hi X-press,
Thank you for your time. I will contact MPX and keep you informed of their response.
I suspect, but no longer have access to the necessary equipment to experiment, that it may actually have something to do with the Tx working with more than the FASST protocol(FASSTest and FSHH).
Once again many thanks.
Gravity will aways win