Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

DX9 with 4 flap servos

Old 01-04-2017, 06:45 PM
p3arljam
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX9 with 4 flap servos

I have tried everything i could think of and still no luck here is my setup and what i am trying to do. I have a DX9 with a AR7350 RX and the plane i have has 4 flap servos 2 per wing. On both wings i have the flaps servos Y harnessed together and each is plugged into separate channels (6 and 7) . I have the mix setup as follows FLP/AUX2 . In the flap menu i have it set to a 3 position switch (B) .The first position is set to 0% (no flaps) second position 35%(half flaps) third position70%(full flaps). I set the servo speed to 2.0 seconds for a slow deploying of the flaps. When i deploy the flaps one side works as it should the other side does nothing when i move to half flaps and when i move to full flaps it goes all the way down but much faster then the other side. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 01-04-2017, 08:38 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Sorry but it's late here and I cannot figure out why you are messing around with Y-harnesses on a 7 channel rx when you have a really nice 9 channel tx?

First thing I'd do is get a nine channel rx and simplify your life/setup.....
Old 01-04-2017, 08:45 PM
p3arljam

Originally Posted by Zeeb View Post
Sorry but it's late here and I cannot figure out why you are messing around with Y-harnesses on a 7 channel rx when you have a really nice 9 channel tx?

First thing I'd do is get a nine channel rx and simplify your life/setup.....
Actually that would be adding 2 more channels to the mix problem I already have. I want the 2 flap channels working as one and having 4 flap channels trying to work as one does not sound easier in my opinion.
Old 01-05-2017, 09:14 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by p3arljam View Post
Actually that would be adding 2 more channels to the mix problem I already have. I want the 2 flap channels working as one and having 4 flap channels trying to work as one does not sound easier in my opinion.
Well okay, sounds like you have the situation under control and don't need any help.
Old 01-05-2017, 09:25 AM
p3arljam

Originally Posted by Zeeb View Post
Well okay, sounds like you have the situation under control and don't need any help.
Actually I still need help but having four separate flap channels isn't the issue it's why the two flap channels I already have won't work together. I have already paid for my 7 channel Rx so buying a 9 channel is not an option at the moment.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:14 AM
DP01
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In system setup, go to Aircraft type, change the Wing to 2 Ail 2 Flap. This will assign LFL to CH5 and RFL to CH7 automatically.

No need for mix!
Old 01-06-2017, 07:21 AM
p3arljam

Originally Posted by DP01 View Post
In system setup, go to Aircraft type, change the Wing to 2 Ail 2 Flap. This will assign LFL to CH5 and RFL to CH7 automatically.

No need for mix!
Thanks for the response the issue was i am using a 7 channel AS3X RX which is programmed by connecting your RX to a PC program and the wing type is set in the PC program and the wing type in the TX is suppose to stay at default . After two days of trying to get it to work i started over . I was still having the same issue but i decided to change the wing type in the PC program and in the TX (1 AIL 2 FLAPS) and still had the issue. At that time i just took a break turned off the TX and PC and worked on my engine. I came back after a few hours turned the TX and plane on and it was working dont ask me how because i made no changes from the time i took a break.