Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

help with esc

Old 01-08-2017, 01:08 PM
smoketrailcharlie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with esc

So I finally got my super Cub ready for first flight,(I hope) It is an older cub I put the tactic 825 receiver,new brushed motor and a turnigy brushed 30 amp ESC.Instructions on the package says I can enable or disable the brake with a jumper.I have no idea what that means.When i run the motor and go to zero throttle the prop stops spinning right now Is that correct or should the prop coast to a stop?Any enlightenment appreciated.S.T.C.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:30 AM
Xpress

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ESC "Brake" refers to the ESC stopping the propeller from turning when you reduce throttle to idle, or letting the propeller free spool without resistance. Brake functions are usually only used on pusher jets or gliders with folding propellers, otherwise it's generally best to leave the brake function disabled.