Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

5.8 Ghz audio transmitting

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 12:34 PM
tunatuna

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.8 Ghz audio transmitting

I am trying to send Audio only thru a typical 5.8 GHz fpv type transmitter/receiver. I bought the Crazepony TS5823L FPV Mini Transmitter 5.8G 200mW 40CH FM Digital Display FPV Image for FPV Multicopter Audio is coming from smart phone and is wired into the transmitter via typical 3.5 mm audio jack, The 5.8 Ghz receiver Sinopine RC832 5.8GHz 40CH Wireless FPV Receiver for Racing Drone and Multicopter is ran into a 12 volt amplifier and then to speakers.

I know I have the frequencies matched on the transmitter/receiver as I can get audio to play from the speakers but I have very little volume. I thought it was a line level signal to microphone input issue and wired up some resistors, 10KOhm and 100 Ohm as shown on the link below

http://www.epanorama.net/circuits/line_to_mic.html

But it didnt resolve my issue. I then tried the same wiring diagram with about half of the resistor amounts and go no change in volume. I tried a different phone and got the same issue.

looking for some suggestions on why I am getting little volume and how to rectify. Not sure if the unit is so programmed for video that is needing the video signal which I am not using, to make the audio work correct??

Thanks,