Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Orange RX DMSS receivers

Old 05-21-2017, 01:42 PM
Mindfulguitar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Orange RX DMSS receivers

Since HK seems to be permanently on back order is there another source for the Orange R8DM?
Old 05-28-2017, 12:35 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you want receivers compatible with Spectrum transmitters try HeadsupRC. I've used the ones they sell and they seem to be quite good.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:30 AM
Mindfulguitar

I've seen those. I'm looking specifically for the OrangeRX R8DM which is the JR DMSS protocol. I have a couple and they work beautifully. There seems to be the Corona brand hongkong R8DM which may be the same receiver in a different package but not sure. The Orange is a super great deal opposed to the actual JR receivers.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:57 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The orange products never have and will never meet FCC requirements. They have been pulled from the US market. They have always been low quality, throw-away's,..... in my opinion.

https://transition.fcc.gov/eb/Orders...16-1290A1.html

Last edited by flyinwalenda; 05-29-2017 at 08:04 AM.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:14 AM
donnyman

Received 123 Likes on 96 Posts

The orange stuff seems to be in a fade out mode since the FRSKY stuff hit the market , Same people?
Old 05-29-2017, 10:15 AM
Mindfulguitar

Interestlng. It appears the complaint was specifically filed addressing Orange DSMX and DSM2 transmitters and receivers. There was no mention of the DMSS receivers. Not sure what the issue would be with using a JR transmitter with an aftermarket non telemetry receiver. The R8DM receivers I have work flawlessly with my XG8 transmitter. I have a large fleet of airplanes most of which are knock arounds and don't warrant spending $100 plus dollars on a receiver. Would you put a hundred buck receiver in a gutter pipe combat plane? My kit builds will of course only use JR receivers!
Old 05-30-2017, 10:50 AM
bjw4072
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am sure that the HobbyKing Orange receivers are identical to the Corona brand. I have the 8-channel DMSS Orange
receiver and the 4 channel Corona DMSS receiver. The instructions that came with each are almost identical, including
the numbers quoted for receiver sensitivities.
I have many genuine JR receivers and would never put a HobbyKing product into a valuable model.
However for a small cheap disposable foam model not flown too far away, the cheap HobbyKing Orange and Corona
stuff is probably OK.
Old 02-26-2020, 10:12 PM
masmara

Default How if near CDI (Gasoline engine)

Originally Posted by bjw4072
I am sure that the HobbyKing Orange receivers are identical to the Corona brand. I have the 8-channel DMSS Orange
receiver and the 4 channel Corona DMSS receiver. The instructions that came with each are almost identical, including
the numbers quoted for receiver sensitivities.
I have many genuine JR receivers and would never put a HobbyKing product into a valuable model.
However for a small cheap disposable foam model not flown too far away, the cheap HobbyKing Orange and Corona
stuff is probably OK.
how if near with cdi (gasoline engine)