Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Transmitter recommendations (ideally with firm wheel / trigger, compact RXs)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Transmitter recommendations (ideally with firm wheel / trigger, compact RXs)

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 01:12 PM
Fiend_UK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmitter recommendations (ideally with firm wheel / trigger, compact RXs)

I am accumulating a nice little fleet of RCs, and a less nice cluster of TXs, which I aiming to rationalise with One TX To Rule Them All (mostly).

My main requirements are:

At least 3 channel.
Firm wheel and trigger - I have a strong grip and prefer having noticable resistance in the controls. A larger wheel with more travel is also okay.
Compact receivers - I run a lot of mini scales.

Ideally NOT spektrum - I would be purchasing from a shop whom Horizon have abandoned.

Also ideal would be being fairly compact, even better would be binding to HPI receivers as I have a few of them.

I don't need advanced telemetry, temperature gauges, facebook integration, tea-making functionality etc.

So far I'm liking the Abisma:
www.absima.de: CR4T
Which has a nice chunky wheel with plenty of travel and 4 channels in case I do run any crawlers. However they don't seem to do mini size receivers and don't bind to HPI.

I also tried a Futaba T3PV I think, and didn't like it as much as the wheel wasn't as good and the trigger had too much forward travel for reverse.

Ideas please gents Name:  default_smile.png
Views: 201
Size:  1.0 KB
Old 11-11-2017, 09:14 AM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I do not know if you have Airtronics, or Sanwa over there. Brother bought one and it had a pretty stiff spring on the wheel. Compared to the lite wheel on my iT4, it was really strong. It also felt very well in my large hand. Very comfy to hold. When I tried the Futaba my hand was crammed in and felt like it was 2 sizes to small for me.

https://www.amazon.com/Sanwa-3-chann...cs+transmitter

Buzz.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:17 AM
Fiend_UK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hiya yeah places seem to stock Sanwa. I don't have large hands (just strong ones from rock climbing). Stiff wheel sounds good. I'll see if I can try one out.