Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

futaba 29 MHz receiver, plastic coated metal case?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

futaba 29 MHz receiver, plastic coated metal case?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2018, 03:42 PM
kiwiremote

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default futaba 29 MHz receiver, plastic coated metal case?

I have an old futaba 29 MHz receiver, nothing special about it just a standard looking receiver but the plastic has what I thought maybe just some melted solder dropped on the top of the case but when i try to remove it it seems like it maybe not solder after all as it shows no sign of coming off and it does not quite look right for melted solder, do these plastic cases actually have metal in the middle, i.e is it really a metal case coated all around with plastic?
Old 05-01-2018, 07:15 PM
grotto2
My Feedback: (2)

I've seen receivers with an inset in the plastic where a piece of labeled aluminum is adhered. Is this what you're seeing?
Old 05-01-2018, 07:20 PM
kiwiremote

Mine is a fp-r102gr and when i look at photo's from google there is no metal where I see metal, I have metal on the E of BEC but like I said it kind of looks like a splash of solder but when i try to scrape it off I cannot, I wonder if solder did splash on it at one stage a melt the label in this spot so now you see the metal underneath, I think this is the same as you are suggesting?
Old 05-01-2018, 07:51 PM
grotto2
My Feedback: (2)

Yes. Looking at photos on google of that receiver, I can see that the label has a background that is not quite the same tint of black as the actual plastic of the case. This label is aluminum underneath.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:20 PM
kiwiremote

Thanks, I won't keep trying to scrape it off then.
Old 05-17-2018, 05:22 PM
rcacro

Some of the really old RC equipment did have aluminum cases with a heavy plastic coating.
John W