Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Radio Works 2 Diff. Models

Old 05-23-2018, 05:33 PM
tagman1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Works 2 Diff. Models

I have a Futaba 14sg radio, in one model I have a 8 channel receiver, in another model I have a 14 channel receiver, I have each model on a diff. program, I linked each models receiver to their specific model in the radio, but when I have the radio set to model 1 and I turn on model 2 the radio works model 2, and vise versa, I figure it's pilot error somewhere but I can't figure it out.
What do you think?
Old 05-23-2018, 06:23 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (14)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

it is working exactly as a Futaba radio is expected to work.
specific binding of one model to a specific program in the radio is a spectrum thing.
Old 05-29-2018, 09:11 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

What mongo said is exactly correct. You could have a fleet of 20 airplanes. If they are all bound to your Futaba radio and you turn them all on, they will all respond to your transmitter. However, you could end up with some of them having wide open throttles, reversed ailerons, etc., depending on how the model selected on the transmitter was originally set up.
Old 07-06-2019, 10:03 AM
sailr
My Feedback: (25)

Yep. The is the ONLY good feature about Spektrum in my opinion. Otherwise, Futaba all the way. I see far too many crashes at our club from Spektrums! They just seem to lose contact TX>RX.
Old 07-06-2019, 10:44 AM
init4fun

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sailr View Post
Yep. The is the ONLY good feature about Spektrum in my opinion. Otherwise, Futaba all the way. I see far too many crashes at our club from Spektrums! They just seem to lose contact TX>RX.
And I see far too many posts whining about Spektrum from Futaba fanboys without a clue of how to properly power and operate ANY radio control system .... Go Figure ....
Old 07-06-2019, 11:02 AM
sailr
My Feedback: (25)

Among those spektrum victims are two top gun builder/flyers in our club with over 100 years experience between them. THEY KNOW HOW TO SET UP A RADIO. Spektrum users swear by them until that one fateful day. I would use Spektrum myself if not for their unpredictability as I love some of their features.
Old 07-07-2019, 12:34 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sailr View Post
Among those spektrum victims are two top gun builder/flyers in our club with over 100 years experience between them. THEY KNOW HOW TO SET UP A RADIO. Spektrum users swear by them until that one fateful day. I would use Spektrum myself if not for their unpredictability as I love some of their features.
Lots of experience doesn't mean competence particularly with old guys and new technology.

One of the things I heard way too often when questioning people at fire scenes while trying to establish a cause was, "I've always done it that way" when asked why they'd done something stupid that caused the fire....