Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

eagle Tree Guardian problem

Old 05-26-2018, 03:08 PM
bokuda
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default eagle Tree Guardian problem

I hope someone can help.

I have a guardian installed in a Telemaster with separate aileron servos on separate channels with a Spektrum system. No matter how I set it up, the ailerons move in the same direction, either both up or down, Servo reversing channels does not solve the problem. I tried an electronic servo reverser, but the connected servo moves randomly with it.

A Y harness has been ordered and I will try that, but am hoping someone has a remedy so that the aileron servos can be used on separate channels.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:30 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

when i have to have separate ail/ele servos and a stabilizer, i use 2 stabilizers mounted side by side. one for the left half of the plane, the other for the right. also will allow for separate rudder/nosewheel servo channels.(or dual rudders, like in a falcon/bobcat type)
Old 05-27-2018, 04:34 AM
bokuda

Originally Posted by mongo
when i have to have separate ail/ele servos and a stabilizer, i use 2 stabilizers mounted side by side. one for the left half of the plane, the other for the right. also will allow for separate rudder/nosewheel servo channels.(or dual rudders, like in a falcon/bobcat type)

Thanks. Interesting, but expensive, solution! But it may be worth trying for my 1/4 WW1's that are becoming difficult for me to fly.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:25 AM
wnewbury

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't the instructions say to physically reverse the location of one servo? Flip it over to aim it the other way?
Old 05-27-2018, 02:28 PM
bokuda

Originally Posted by wnewbury
Don't the instructions say to physically reverse the location of one servo? Flip it over to aim it the other way?
I do not see that in the instructions and I don't see how that is possible unless one servo is remounted to the top of the wing. Turning the servo 180 degrees as mounted will not reverse the throw.

One solution, might be to move the control horn on one wing so the other side of the servo output arm could be used - and I may just do that if I don't find another solution in the next few days.

There must be a way to configure this as wings with separate servos are very common.

I have emailed Eagle Tree, but have no yet received a reply.
Old 05-27-2018, 03:06 PM
mongo

have you turned option #9 "on" in the menu? that is the onboard dual aileron mix
then use option #11 to toggle reverse/normal.
this is all starting about midway down on page 9 of the manual.
Old 05-27-2018, 08:43 PM
wnewbury

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

looking for where I saw it.

Last edited by wnewbury; 05-27-2018 at 08:56 PM. Reason: my mistake
Old 05-28-2018, 03:50 AM
bokuda

Originally Posted by mongo
have you turned option #9 "on" in the menu? that is the onboard dual aileron mix
then use option #11 to toggle reverse/normal.
this is all starting about midway down on page 9 of the manual.
Yes, I saw that. I do not have a PC and Eagle Tree does not offer their software for MACs. However, the manual says the default setting is for wings with two aileron servos.

Thank you for your response.
Old 05-28-2018, 02:18 PM
mongo

it does tell you how to use the TX to program it, the pc stuff is just for ease when in the shop.