Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Wanted to buy JR 2.4 gig TX RF module only

Old 03-07-2019, 02:25 PM
turnnburn
My Feedback: (49)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanted to buy JR 2.4 gig TX RF module only

I am in need of a JR 2.4 gig Tx RF module. This is for my JR 12x transmitter. I don't know if any JR module will work and fit my 12x or if it has to be from a 12x. I would think most any JR tx module would work. I will also need the little gold snap on connector that attaches the antenna wire to the module.

Thanks
Old 03-08-2019, 08:18 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

It has to be specific for the 12X.

Andy
Old 03-08-2019, 09:26 AM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The JR “12X” transmitter came in two styles: the integral 12X, which doesn’t support modules, and the modular version 12XMV. The integral version was vastly more popular than the modular version. I’ve read that what looks like a module on the back of the integral version is only a lid to cover the hole where a module is on the 12XMV.

If the 2.4GHz antenna on your transmitter is on the top of the case where the collapsible antenna is on the 10X, you have the integral version. On the 12XMV, the 2.4 antenna is a part of the module, coming out of its back. The transmitter retains the collapsible antenna mount. The 12XMV DMS and PPM/PCM modules are unique to that transmitter. It can’t use modules made for previous JR transmitters.

Allan
Old 03-08-2019, 12:17 PM
turnnburn
My Feedback: (49)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have two 12x transmitters. Both have a plastic cover that when removed allows access to the rf board which I probably incorrectly called a "module". The little gold receptacle where the antenna plugs I messed up on one of rf boards. This is the only reason I need a new rf board. So both of my transmitters are "integral". I am hoping to find one of these RF board circuts that plugs in to the back of my tx in the recessed area where a true module was plugged in back when these same tx cases were used for 10x (72mhz). I found that fr sky makes a 2,4 gig module that will plug in and work in my 12x but................it only works with fr sky recievers and not with any of my JR or Spektrum recievers.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:14 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you contacted Horizon to see if they can repair the transmitter? The board is a Spektrum product.

Allan