Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Problems With Wireless Trainer Feature DX18 to DX9

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Problems With Wireless Trainer Feature DX18 to DX9

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 12:56 PM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Problems With Wireless Trainer Feature DX18 to DX9

I have been using Spektrum radios for a long time. I have been trying and failing to fly my DX18 radio together with a student's DX9 radio. We have had 6 crashes because of this system. I am told not to use the "programmable master" selection by all the "old hands" at the flying field, but that is all that I have ever used. I sent both radios in for repair.

The last flight was on an Apprentice. I set it up using the "Pilot Link Master". The plane just flew away with no control after being checked out on both radios on the ground. Never even handed off the radio to the student. We have had the aircraft nose in straight down after pushing the student button. We always check out the aircraft on the ground before takeoff. We have range checked. We have done everything but use the wired connection.

Horizon Support won't even let me talk to the tech. I called and left a request and waited two days. Would you use this/these radios knowing that there is a problem and the bench tech probably took 5 seconds on the repair???? No, I don't think you would either.

What is going on with the DX18 and DX20 radios. They have been discontinued for a long time. I think that there is a product defect.
Old 08-02-2019, 01:36 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jr-r...x18-radio.html

Is there a reason we need multiple threads about this same difficulty your having programming your radio ? Because I flat out do not trust that you ARE programming the radio correctly , YES ! , yes I WILL continue using Spektrum , just as I have without a single problem from the first days Spektrum radios have been being sold
Old 08-02-2019, 01:56 PM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Believe what ever you want to believe. I have been around the block longer than you have.
Old 08-02-2019, 02:24 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by on_your_six
Believe what ever you want to believe. I have been around the block longer than you have.
I've got you , time on the block wise here at RCU , by exactly one month if you look both of our starting dates .
And being well into retirement , with my 5 digit AMA number , I'd bet I've got you beat with time on earth as well .

But none of that really matters . What does matter is that when you start multiple "bash the manufacturer" threads on the exact same problem it makes you look more like someone with a grudge VS someone looking for an honest solution to a problem . Whining is never befitting a man who claims such extensive time in the trenches .....