Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

futaba 14 sg not working on all channels (help please)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

futaba 14 sg not working on all channels (help please)

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2019, 01:52 AM
bluescoobydoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default futaba 14 sg not working on all channels (help please)

I have had a 14 sg transmitter for a few years and not had a single problem until recently while flying my freewing mig 21, soon after take off it went off on its own and i only had partial control but not enough to get it back or even to get it to hit the ground so off it went by itself.
not expecting to get it back i was completely surprised that it had been found 1 mile away on the fairway of a golf club completely undamaged just sitting on its belly not even the fuel tank had come off which are held on with magnets!
It had a futaba 7 channel receiver in it and the blue box that came with the jet and a gyro, so ripped it all out and replaced every thing, i fitted a 6014 receiver a powerbox switch and a seperate battery for the rx, thinking this would cure it i flew it again at the weekend and soon after take off it did a very similar thing, managed to get it to land in a field and it survived undamaged. even after the landing all controls worked and i did a range check again and it was fine
now i am thinking it must be the transmitter so i flew a small foamy on the same rx that was in the mig 21 and all was fine, no range issues and went through two batteries with no issues.
after switching models to the mig again only half of the servos in the mig are moving, the green light is on the 6014 so must be connected and only half the servos are moving in the servo screen on the transmitter.
switched to another 7 channel model and all servos move.
is this a tx hardware problem? it has not been updated since new so nothing has changed and i don't really want to update if poss as some of my models run on older rx and people have had issues after updating.
any ideas?
I have been flying for over ten years never had this happen before even on my turbine jets with way more complexity than a foamy edf

Last edited by bluescoobydoo; 09-20-2019 at 03:28 AM.
Old 09-21-2019, 09:49 AM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Try setting up a new model for the Mig. Possibly files corrupted in that model selection. If same receiver worked under a different model setting that may be the culprit. It sounds like a transmitter file issue but try a new model before sending it in if that does not cure it.
Old 09-22-2019, 02:39 AM
bluescoobydoo

i have setup a new file for it and will give it a go somewhere away from people and places, I will try a 7 channel model first that is less expensive first though.
I have changed to another model and back again to see if the settings have remained and all is ok so far.
thank you for your reply
Old 09-25-2019, 10:03 AM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Did you get the issue sorted out.
Old 09-25-2019, 11:18 AM
bluescoobydoo

not had chance to try it so far will post with any news