Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Servo twitch

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2020, 06:45 PM
Reider11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo twitch

I am having an issue with my freewing super scorpion. I have the model completely setup and ready to maiden however I am hesitant to because I am getting a twitch with all servos at the same time every 30 sec - 2 min. It’s not a huge amount but it is pretty noticeable. My radio system is a spektrum dx7s with an ar-8000 receiver, I also have an AL3 gyro installed. The issue happens with the gyro on or off and with a full or dead battery. I have checked all servo connections and battery connections and found zero issues. I don’t know if I am missing something or if I am just being to paranoid. I have spent a good chunk of time repainting the bird and would hate to put it in the dirt. Any suggestions would be great thank you!
Old 01-05-2020, 08:42 AM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Just a few suggestions is all I have... but I would rebind it, and then check it for glitches, If still not satisfied, move/reposition the remote recievers and antenna array in case there's any shadowing or shielding going on. Also do a few range tests, signal powered down, and full strength. Move the plane around to different attitudes and take note if any particular attitude/position generates more or less glitches.

I'm pretty sure you don't have telemetry on the system, but that would tell a story also in the form of fades/frame-losses/holds, and give you further info and data on the actual signal performance. You're glitching might not necessarily be in the signal processor, but a particular component within any part of the system... which leads to my next suggestion...

Unplug one servo/accessory at a time and check for glitching. If the glitching subsides or ceases when something is unplugged, the unplugged component just might be culprit.. In which case plug it back in, and if glitching resumes with that component plugged in, you'd have narrowed down the cause. Hope that all makes sense.. It's all just about process of elimination is all.
Old 01-05-2020, 08:49 AM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Also... put the plane in a different environment, away from florescent lighting, or electronic gear. Try it in an outdoor open environment away from the workbench and see if that makes a diff.. if it does, take it back inside and try it again. if your glitches return it may just be some rogue signal affect in your environment. Your outdoor range checks should also be done in a clear environment, no chain-link fencing around, no metal structures/buildings, etc.. as clear and unobstructed as possible is the idea.