Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

4x4 RC lawnmover - please help for components

Old 03-21-2020, 06:06 AM
buconova

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4x4 RC lawnmover - please help for components

Hello

I'm advertising from Slovenia. Yes, we also have COVID-19, so we're all in the same boat

Well, at the beginning, I'm not fluent in English either, so I'm using Google

I don't understand anything about RC either, so I also write and ask for some help.

I would like to make a remote controlled lawnmower - RC

To begin with, what I already have:

Gasoline garden lawn mower
Battery power
4 brushless motors / wheels from hoverboards
Remote Control - Turnigy TGY-i6 Mode 2 AFHDS Transmitter and 6CH Receiver

What I don't have:

I need my electronics, speed controller, ESC or whatever it is called. In short - the controller

And here is the first question and I ask for help which controller to buy. Probably more of them.

The motors are 350W - 36V

The controller must have a hall sensor input

According to your expertise, which one do you advise?

However, I would like to avoid the motherboard of the hoverboard itself, because of the flash of the firmware and all that it pulls along, so I'd rather go for what seems simpler to the individual controllers.

Once I have that, I'll still ask you for help with the whole connection and setting up the remote control. The remote control has a v-tail function which I think I will use with the project.

That will be a start, when we reconcile and procure it, we will move on

Thanks for the help.
Old 03-21-2020, 03:58 PM
init4fun

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Many years ago I built a working RC lawnmower . I used the basic 5HP Sears 21" vertical shaft mower and took the inner chassis components out of a "Power Wheels" child's ride on electric toy for the electric motor drive and steering sections . With a bit of selective cutting and welding I had the Power Wheel's chassis parts affixed to the lawnmower deck which gave me a 12V drive unit and a set of steerable wheels . The construction was strong enough that I could actually stand on it and drive it (on pavement) to demonstrate the chassis' strength . I controlled the steering with a windshield wiper motor from a car that I modified to provide left/right steering at the command of a standard RC servo (I made a "stepper motor" of sorts out of the wiper motor) and fitted a single unit starter/generator out of an old junked riding lawnmower to keep the on board 12V battery charged and provide transmitter controlled starting .

It cut grass well and was quite the neighborhood attraction (as in , yes , my neighbors actually gathered in crowds to watch this thing run , 40 or so years ago there really weren't too many people who had ever seen such a thing) , but like all of my odd homemade toys I eventually got tired of it and ended up using the RC equipment from it for a different project . I truly can't recall what became of the rest of it , I think it may have gone to the crusher in the trunk of a car I was scrapping (One of my hobbies at the time was building custom cars and I routinely sent parts donor cars to the scrap metal yard) .

I wish you well with your project ....
Old 03-21-2020, 09:14 PM
buconova

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For an easier idea of what I want ...
yt = S-g6vt2sqZU