Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Trying to use Spektrum temp sensor with SPMSR6100AT Receiver

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Trying to use Spektrum temp sensor with SPMSR6100AT Receiver

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2020, 06:05 PM
doutrnz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to use Spektrum temp sensor with SPMSR6100AT Receiver

Hi everyone,
First, I want to make sure you guys know my setup before answering or suggestions/comments. This is for NITRO vehicles, NOT an Electric application. ***GOAL: To get temperature readings of the nitro engine on my transmitter.***

I purchased the DX5C and SPMSR6100AT combo from Spektrum and the SPMA9571 Temperature Sensor from Spektrum. I reached out to Spektrum Support to make sure these would all work together BEFORE I made the purchase. The rep I was emailing with said it would work with the Smart firmware update. I updated the radio and the receiver to the latest firmware. I've been emailing back and forth with Spektrum support for a few days now trying to get this to work. There is no documentation to do this, I couldn't find any YouTube "How To's", nothing. Spektrum support said just plug the sensor into the xbus port on the receiver and it should work. Here are the following problems:
1. The xbus port has no label what pin is for what. (There are 4 pins in the xbus I believe, but the sensor has two wires mounted in a three wire connector, so it can only fit into the first two pins or the 2nd and 3rd pins. The connector won't let me try connecting it into the 3rd and 4th pins.
2. I have no idea how to setup the telemetry settings in the radio. (The latest transmitter supports telemetry) because there are no instructions how to do this in the manuals for the radio, sensor or the receiver.
3. Support says I should not need the TM1500 telemetry module because the receiver already has a xbus port to connect the sensor to. (I'm starting to think the support rep I've been corresponding with doesn't know if this will work or knowledgeable in this product.)

If anyone has successfully accomplished this, please let me know!! Even if you didn't use this equipment to do it, I am willing to return all of this and get a radio and receiver that will do this.