Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Older JR transmitter battery packs?

Old 07-22-2020, 03:59 PM
brickwoodward

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Older JR transmitter battery packs?

Is there somewhere I can get new, fresh battery packs for my JR transmitters? As far back as 1988?

thank you in advance, bill
Old 07-23-2020, 03:14 AM
rgburrill

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

I used to get pack for older transmitters from Batteries America.
The following users liked this post:
brickwoodward (10-07-2020)
Old 07-23-2020, 06:02 AM
pkoury
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.radicalrc.com/category/T...NiMH---NiCd-20
brickwoodward (10-07-2020)
Old 07-23-2020, 05:41 PM
brickwoodward

Originally Posted by rgburrill View Post
I used to get pack for older transmitters from Batteries America.

thank you! I will check them out.
Old 07-23-2020, 05:41 PM
brickwoodward

thank you! Iíll check them.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:09 PM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (60)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've dealt with these folks for both their "off the shelf" and some custom battery packs, and have been quite happy with the batteries and the service!

https://maxxpacks.com/collections/transmitter-tx/JR-Tx

Old 07-23-2020, 09:22 PM
brickwoodward

Originally Posted by fizzwater2 View Post
I've dealt with these folks for both their "off the shelf" and some custom battery packs, and have been quite happy with the batteries and the service!

https://maxxpacks.com/collections/transmitter-tx/JR-Tx
excellent!! Thanks for sharing this.
Old 07-25-2020, 05:36 PM
Sti491

Batteries America is good. However, it is actually very easy to make your own if you research it a little bit.
Old 07-25-2020, 08:10 PM
brickwoodward

Originally Posted by Sti491 View Post
Batteries America is good. However, it is actually very easy to make your own if you research it a little bit.
hi 491, I did made my last two transmitter and flight packs. But I donít have anymore of the right size heat shrink to make them fit my JR transmitters. I figured Iíd just get them ready to go this time?? I used the green NiMH rechargeable from Walmart and I have a Multiplex Ln 5024, (I think thatís the model number) I got back in 04 when I was trying my hands at a T-Rex 400. Iíve flown planes for so long Iím a failure at heloís. Thank you for the reply!!
Sti491 (07-26-2020)
Old 07-26-2020, 02:38 AM
Sti491

Awesome. The last packs I made extremely easily by purchasing plastic battery holders from amazon that are ready wired correctly and the batteries just snap in. I used shrink over it, but thatís probably overkill.

Maybe itís a very small amount heavier doing this, but itís so easy and and cheap itís hard to pass up.

I started all this updating old Futaba AM transmitter packs I had in storage since 1985. They work great. If I were to do it again, I would use LiFi 2s transmitter/receiver packs instead like my 2.4 newer equipment.

LiPos are good, LiFe has slightly less power but less fire risk. They last nearly forever it seems like, not very expensive, and take a lot more load than nickel based batteries.
Old 07-26-2020, 04:32 PM
brickwoodward

Awesome. The last packs I made extremely easily by purchasing plastic battery holders from amazon that are ready wired correctly and the batteries just snap in. I used shrink over it, but thatís probably overkill.

Maybe itís a very small amount heavier doing this, but itís so easy and and cheap itís hard to pass up.

I started all this updating old Futaba AM transmitter packs I had in storage since 1985. They work great. If I were to do it again, I would use LiFi 2s transmitter/receiver packs instead like my 2.4 newer equipment.

LiPos are good, LiFe has slightly less power but less fire risk. They last nearly forever it seems like, not very expensive, and take a lot more load than nickel based batteries.
thatís what I used for my two Futaba radios. Snap in batteries and a wrap of electrical tape. The same pack wonít go in the JRís.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:55 AM
Sti491

Itís a little more work wiring and soldering, then shrinking your own... but once you get used to just the right heat to solder but not melt the batteries it worked out for me too.

Those plastic holders make it really simple. To bad they wonít work.
Old 07-27-2020, 08:23 PM
brickwoodward

Itís a little more work wiring and soldering, then shrinking your own... but once you get used to just the right heat to solder but not melt the batteries it worked out for me too.

Those plastic holders make it really simple. To bad they wonít work.
I agree. I got the right iron and heat making some packs years ago and then before our local radio shack closed I bought several of the snap in holders. We had to solder our 1/10 scale stock car packs together and we didnít have the resources to buy a bunch of spares.

You can tell how old this pic is and how long ago we raced
Old 07-28-2020, 01:52 AM
Sti491

Very cool pic!