Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Adding ratchets!

Old 08-16-2020, 08:36 AM
Tanque

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Adding ratchets!

I usually read of users wishing to eliminate the throttle ratchets on their transmitters.

Well I have an application for which I want ratchets on the right hand gimbal of a mode 2
transmitter. Or another solution that will give the same result.

The application is this. I have an an RC truck (Kaelble ) which has a multi speed transmission and I want to be able to
shift the gears as designed from the transmitter. It is essentially a wide 3 pronged "H" pattern. Getting the servos set up is not an issue.

The issue is once selected I want the servos to stay in the selected position. I would rather not have to make a complicated mechanism for the servo throw to allow it to return to neutral
without moving the transmission selector yet when needed to allow return to neutral by way of movement in the opposite direction.. it could be finicky to keep adjusted.

Hence the desire for ratchets for both x and y axis for the right hand gimbal.

I suppose it boils down to which radio would it be easiest to purchase the ratchet parts for?
I have Futaba, Spektrum, Trannis, Turnigy and other transmitters.

Your input is appreciated.

Jerry
Old 08-18-2020, 08:13 AM
Tanque

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts

This is the pair of axis I need to control. It's a gear shift mechanism I want to stay where selected.

Jerry

Gear shift
Old 08-18-2020, 10:48 AM
AndyKunz

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

With most Spektrum radios you can do that easily enough. The instructions for adjusting ratchet and spring-to-center are covered in the manual.

Andy