Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

J/R servo help!

Old 10-04-2020, 05:19 PM
Diryt8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J/R servo help!

Hi all! looking to upgrade my old J/R 507 servos, does anyone know of metal gear set's that will fit?
Old 10-05-2020, 12:34 AM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Here's a nice tool/website you can use to compare every aspect of many mainstream servos. It gives you dimensions and torque specs, and other useful info.

www.servodatabase.com

There's probably many servos that will just drop in to your existing servo mounts. Even if they're not exact, its not hard at all to "adjust" the servo mount areas, but it does take a little bit of time. That link I posted should give you something to study and ponder for some replacement servos though. Good luck with it.
The following users liked this post:
Diryt8 (10-05-2020)
Old 10-05-2020, 04:01 AM
rgburrill

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

That database is missing the most important factor of all - servo size by name. You know: standard, micro, mini, etc. The name we all use to find a servo?
OP, the 507 appears to be a "standard" size servo.

Last edited by rgburrill; 10-05-2020 at 04:17 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Diryt8 (10-05-2020)
Old 10-05-2020, 08:02 AM
Diryt8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info! I was hoping for someone that know if there is a gear set that will just drop in, hitec maybe? I know it might be an easier task to just replace them all but I have quite a few planes and I hate to just toss perfectly working servos just because.
Old 10-05-2020, 09:53 AM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by rgburrill View Post
That database is missing the most important factor of all - servo size by name. You know: standard, micro, mini, etc. The name we all use to find a servo?
OP, the 507 appears to be a "standard" size servo.
Ok... well... Some people go by numbers, some go by name, and some go by who knows what...It's not hard to go to the JR brand, then go down to 507's..then you have the first part of the search parameter.... There's several search parameters in that site though... along with comparisons... If it's your first time seeing it, take some time and you might find it useful.

It's very easy to pull up dozens of other servos to directly compare to the JR's, based on size/dimension (or any/all other parameters you want..(IE-digital, analog, torque,etc)), you just haven't figured it out yet....It's a data base/spread sheet format... and whatever you want to call them they're not going by "micro, mini, standard, etc.."... servodatabase goes far beyond that. If you know the dimensions of what you're searching(like 507's found on SDB), you can pull up all servos with that same dimension, then put them in the "compare" section,

So it's not a matter of servodatabase missing the most important factor, it's a matter of the user knowing and learning it's already there, and much more. So if you're interested, just study it, and learn a bit more about data bases. Or don't... ha.. your choice man.

This reminds of the old days when everything large was called "1/4 scale"... haha.. If you had a big plane it's a "1/4 Scale" regardless of what scale it was.. nobody knew or cared. ""I'm gonna get me one of them there 1/4 Scale planes.."" and many didn't even know what the true size was other then a massive sized plane ... haha..

Today though there's so much more, and what one person calls micro, someone else calls mini... when there's a program right there in servodatabase that clearly defines it based on actual dimension, right down to the thousandth of an inch dimensionally, along with torque and voltage specs and more.... I don't know how much better you can get.