Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum DXs TX and AR630 RX interface?

Old 10-22-2020, 05:15 PM
Mitch58

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum DXs TX and AR630 RX interface?

I have a Spektrum DXs TX that works great with my Real Flight Sim and my Hobbyzone Sport Cub, So I bought an AR630 RX for my old Hobbyzone Super Cub to which I plan to add ailerons. I got it to Bind okay and all of the control surfaces work correctly. But when it comes to setting up the AS3X and SAFE the instructions only refer to radios with a screen on the face, there are no instructions for my DXs. Is there another method or are those features not compatible with my TX?
Old 10-23-2020, 03:16 AM
Sti491

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did some research when I got my first safe and a AS3X receiver plane. I believe you buy a Bluetooth dongle, and program it through a cell phone app. The programming is done that way, not through your transmitter.
Old 10-23-2020, 05:02 AM
Mitch58

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, is this a special kind of dongle? any idea where I might get one?
Old 10-23-2020, 07:51 AM
Sti491

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Horizon hobby, amazon. Search Spectrum AS3X Bt dongle. Also look up on you tube first to see how it’s done.