Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

iX20 OTF tuning Sucks.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2020, 04:32 PM
superdave01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iX20 OTF tuning Sucks.

Just got an iX20

When using On The Fly tuning it limits you severely, i was told by horizon hobby that its a safety feature.

Set a plane up with a flaperon wing
in Flap setting set Top Right Digital switch to Elevator in OTF area of screen at bottom i think.

Now notice the behavior of the switch, starts at 0 unless youve manually changed it, you can go up or down but once up go up or down your restricted to + OR - numbers .....you cant get back to 0 and go the other direction.

If you go the wrong direction the first click you have to use the Screen to get back to 0, This to me makes OTF useless.

I personally want this "Safety" feature gone! If i click wrong first time it could cause a crash!
Old 10-26-2020, 10:46 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Hi Dave,

They sent me a copy of your e-mail. Thanks for the feedback.

Are you having trouble deciding how to set up elevator compensation in your model? We can go through that if you like.

Andy
Old 10-26-2020, 11:44 AM
superdave01

Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Hi Dave,

They sent me a copy of your e-mail. Thanks for the feedback.

Are you having trouble deciding how to set up elevator compensation in your model? We can go through that if you like.

Andy
Andy thanks for reply,
I can setup up elev compensation easily, been doing for years and lastly on a dx9.

Im very unhappy with this limitation spektrum has put on OTF tuning, this could cause a crash! OTF was a pretty big feature towards me buying such an expensive radio.
Futhermore they have a place where you can set limits for your self but they dont allow going from a negative number to a positive one no matter how u set the limits , you have to use the screen and finger to get back to 0.
I was told this limit is for safetly, makes no sence to me, Any accidental adjustment can be fatal, the adjustable limits need to work as they lead you to believe they should, at the very lease a way to overide the limit.

There is a different bug in the DX9 and exact same bug is in ix20, ive been told 3 updates ago it would be fixed when i used my dx9, in digital switch setup while also in multi rotor mode for the craft it will report 1 channel off of what it actually controls.

I dont want to wait another 3 years for a fix that isnt coming.
Old 10-26-2020, 12:18 PM
AndyKunz

That's probably why they forwarded the e-mail to me, the DX9 note. I hadn't gotten notice of it before, because if I had, it would be on the list of things to fix. As of last week, it's on the list of things to investigate.

When I create the change log, I include all the things that have been touched since the previous update. You can look there for a change before installing any updates.

Thanks.

Andy
Old 10-26-2020, 12:27 PM
superdave01

reported dx9 bug long ago, at least 3 updates back, was told it was forwarded.
I hope you will fix the OTF in the iX20 also. Imagine if youre using OTF and your first click is the wrong direction, you now have to land and change the screen instead, makes OTF useless often.

Thanks!!!
Old 10-26-2020, 12:42 PM
AndyKunz

For something like elevator compensation, I would fly the plane without it first, and then find if I need to push or pull. Once I know that, then I'd set up OTF in that direction on the ground, and adjust in the air to the degree needed. That way I wouldn't be taking off with the OTF at 0, it would already be on the correct side of 0 and I wouldn't have to worry about going in the wrong direction.

Just because somebody reports something doesn't mean it will be in the next release. Updates are planned based on priority, and I'm not the guy setting the priority. Once something makes it into the "do next" queue, it happens. For example, the NX family of radios (which uses the same channel processor as the iX20) has several items in it dating back to 2010/2012 timeframe. They went into the database back then, and finally had priority that made them happen. But they couldn't be done in the DX line.

It could also be that your e-mail was forwarded to somebody on the dev team, but what was requested was unclear or could not be confirmed. Normally this is due to not having an SPM file showing the problem and/or images of the screens. People often send us videos to demo what they mean when they report a bug. A picture is worth 100 words, a video is worth 100 pictures.

Andy
Old 10-26-2020, 03:53 PM
superdave01

Ok as per your advise......you have to actually go + or negative to know which way to go, 50/50 chance or is there a way to know on every plane which way it gonna need to be? Ive seen it both ways but up is very more common.

I had sent several videos of the dx9 and now ix20 bug.
talked to support last week and the guy went thru and verified it on his ix20 also.

The otf problem is so easy to see it should be evident, example in my first post
Old 10-26-2020, 03:58 PM
AndyKunz

No, you're doing it out of sequence.

OTF = inhibited.

Take off. Engage flaps. Do you have to compensate up or down? Remember that. Land.

OTF = enabled. Still on the screen.

Click the OTF a bunch in one direction or the other, enough to see movement. Right direction? Yes, take it back toward center as far as it will go (to "1" in the correct direction). If you're going in the wrong direction, reset it to 0 (remember, you're still on the screen) and then click it one in the correct direction.

Take off. Engage flaps. Use OTF in the only direction it will go to compensate correctly.

Andy
Old 10-26-2020, 05:34 PM
superdave01

Oh yea i see what u mean, i kinda overlooked the forest for the trees but u would then have to see which way positive or negative went as far as leveling the craft and then then you would have to land and see if + or - went the right direction.

If OTF worked without limits So much easier, least shouod be able to set limits as the screen suggest it can.
Old 11-09-2020, 07:48 AM
tommys55

Andy sd is right, your way requires you to land which is how you would do it before we had otf, the way spektrum has it now makes otf a joke. Can we please fix this so we have what was advertised to you, its part of why i paid so dang much cash