Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Identifying Spektrum DXe Transmitters....

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2020, 02:35 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Identifying Spektrum DXe Transmitters....

Can someone explain the differences between Spektrum DXe transmitter labeling.

On faceplate of current versions I see DXe-A, DXe-S and DXe-H.

I have one DXe transmitter that came with a Blade 230S V2 RTF helicopter that does have an H on the label so that one is a no brainer. The other two only say DXe and differ in number of switches/dials from the H.

I like these little boogers for BNF models and ability to drop in preprogrammed setups via USP cable.

Would like to know differences, if any, that matter.
Old 11-19-2020, 06:39 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I'd venture an educated guess... the DXe-A = Airplane, DXe-S = Surface, DXe-H =(you guessed it..) Helicopter. Each type will have a different switch array, that corresponds with the intended purpose. The DXe series is an entry level radio, so their not equipped for several types of models(like the higher end DX's).. So I'm pretty sure this is how they designate them. I'd bet on it.

Do yourself a favor though and get a DX6G3 or better, as it will have everything you'd want for flying models of any sort. Just a thought there. Good luck with it.
Old 11-19-2020, 06:53 PM
Dick T.

Your guesses are about the same as mine but thought I would sniff around.

Already have an ix12 and Futaba 14SG & 18MZWC for heavier duty uses . I like the DXe's for the capability mentioned earlier. I also pick up a lot of smaller size and UMX BNF airplanes at swap meets for fun and sometimes let the transmitter go in a resale situation.

Thanks for the comments.
Old 11-20-2020, 01:15 AM
DGrant

I'm pretty sure we're right on the money. I own a first gen DX7 myself that I use for a few BNF's and small glow, it works wonderfully, and I use my DX18G2 for my heavy lifting giants/IMAC comoetition ships.

I've thought about getting something like a new gen DX6 or DX8 for the small flyers, but my trusty first gen DX7 does fine. Spektrum even still upgrades them to DSMX if I want, but it works so well I don't feel any need to spend the $75 to upgrade it. If I was going to do that I'd just get a new gen radio like I mentioned.

I used both Futaba and my first Spektrum several years ago, but then made the switch about 5yrs ago to the high end DX for a few reasons, but neither Futaba or Spektrum ever let me down. They've both served me well.

The smaller DX's are nice to take to the park or school yard and not have any risk to our big bucks radios... while the high end radios are for the serious fun. So I totally understand where you're coming from.

..... and I just realized, your right in my backyard over in Visalia... gosh dang I thought your name looked familiar for some reason, I'm sure I've heard it before... I'm a long time club member at FRM, and a near charter member at ClovisRC, there was only 25 people there when I got onboard.... I've been flying in this valley since 1984. I'm sure we have friends in common.

Last edited by DGrant; 11-20-2020 at 01:18 AM.
Old 11-20-2020, 12:01 PM
Dick T.

Yep, we're not that far apart. Have flown at the FRM field although it was some time ago last. Recently hit a swap meet there.

Still know a few of the members there. My initial contact with FRM goes back to John Lockwood Fresno State days up through Bob Hansen at Bob's village Hobby. Sure do miss those guys.

Haven't been to the new Clovis site yet but will get there one of these days.
Keep in touch/

Dick T.
Old 11-20-2020, 03:12 PM
DGrant

Very cool indeed. Both were friends of mine. Bob was way more involved in the Madera club in his later years. John was key in getting much of the structure and keeping things in place at FRM. I've flown with both of them though in my early years in this valley, and quite a bit with John before he retired from flying.. When he retired from his teaching gig, he then spent considerable time at the field and we all really got to know him better, he's got quite a legacy in the model aviation world, especially right here in the valley.

The Madera club is still with us as well, with several nice members. The Clovis club has grown very fast, with some very talented and energetic members. We've just completed a new shade structure and cement ramp work that really seemed to make it into an RC utopia, as well as we have two other sites. One being a city park the city gave their blessings to us and granted permission to fly small electrics and such, whereby we carry the insurance and follow the easy rules. It's pretty cool.

Yes, I miss the old guard myself. We've lost several over the years. Fortunately there's many good ones left, and there's years of good times ahead hopefully.