Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Transmitter battery compatability JR & Spectrum

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2020, 05:16 AM
lleach1
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmitter battery compatability JR & Spectrum

Can I use LiPo 3-cell batteries in my JR 9503 transmitter and in Spectrum transmitters using 9.6 volt NiMh batteries? I have one Zippy 2500 Lipo battery that has JR transmitter and receiver connectors on the outputs.
Old 12-16-2020, 11:10 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

There are 2500 NiMh batteries made to fit that radio.
Old 12-16-2020, 01:22 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

JR never authorized using three cell LiPo batteries in those radios and would void the warranty if one had been used.
Old 02-28-2021, 04:49 AM
Fernando

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello group. Does anybody knows how activate the RX battery reading voltage on the transmitter screen? I have an XG8 and can't setup this feature.
Best regards
Old 03-02-2021, 02:41 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Once the receiver is bound to a model on the transmitter and the receiver is powered on, the RX-BATT voltage automatically appears on the INFO screen below the transmitter battery voltage. I don’t own an XG8 but this is the way it works on my other XG transmitters. While there may be a DMSS receiver that doesn’t have a built-in telemetry receiver-battery sensor, I’m not aware of it. You might tell us which receiver you are using.

To put the RX-BATT voltage on the telemetry screen and to see its minimum and max values, refer to page 75 of the XG8 manual.

Allan