Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Need help troubleshooting servos and receiver for RC car

Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Need help troubleshooting servos and receiver for RC car

Old 12-31-2020, 12:27 PM
dmelczer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help troubleshooting servos and receiver for RC car

Good day, everyone! I hope someone can assist me with a very strange issue.

A few weeks ago, going through some old toys in a basement, I ran across my old Tamiya Falcon 1/10 RC buggy. I had lost the controller, so I decided to take it apart and put in a new receiver. The old receiver used a molex type connector like what I would find on a PC motherboard, but was standard 3 wire. I ordered myself a new 2.4 Ghz controller off of Ebay. I changed the molex connectors for power and servos to standard male JR connector type. When I connect power (which comes off of 4 x AA batteries) and the throttle servo to Channel 2, everything works as expected. When I connect power and steering servo to Channel 1 everything steers left and right perfectly, as expected. So far so good.

Here is the problem:

When I connect power, channel 1, AND channel 2 things go haywire. Suddenly the throttle goes full reverse, the steering turns dead left, and neither will budge at all no matter what I do with the controller. I know it isn't interference because either channel connected separately works great. It's only when all 3 connectors are in place that the problem occurs.

Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this? It's kind of driving me nuts...

Thank you in advance, and have a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2021!
Old 12-31-2020, 12:55 PM
dmelczer

Never mind on this one. I figured it out.

Never use lower voltage rechargeable batteries...I threw in a set of Duracell Optimum and everything works great. Looks like the receiver wasn't getting enough power.

Old 01-01-2021, 10:50 AM
Shermanm4a3

👍👍