Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

*Futaba 14SG Battery Replacement*

Old 02-04-2021, 06:12 AM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default *Futaba 14SG Battery Replacement*

I've been flying RC for 40+ years but I've been out of the hobby for the last 4 years. Probably need to refresh my TX battery pack. Before I got out of the hobby I was going to replace the Futaba battery with a nano-tech 2100mAh 2S 6.6v 20C LiFePo4 but never got around to it. Is that still the best fit for my TX or is there another that is being used?

When I got out of the hobby I sold all my Giant Scale planes and drones and kept just one knowing that some day I would get back into the hobby. The time has come since I retired 4 months ago. I cleaned up my Precision Areobatics Addiction XL and all checks fine. I hear now you have to register your planes/drones with the FAA and I've already checked into it. I also get to keep my old AMA number.

Old 02-05-2021, 11:00 AM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That battery will work just fine. You probably already know the original charger cannot be used to charge it though. The charger is for NiCad/NiMh batteries. As long as you have an appropriate charger to charge outside of the transmitter you are good to go.
Old 02-06-2021, 07:10 AM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dick T. View Post
That battery will work just fine. You probably already know the original charger cannot be used to charge it though. The charger is for NiCad/NiMh batteries. As long as you have an appropriate charger to charge outside of the transmitter you are good to go.
Yup.....I have the icharger 406DUO. Thanks for the info.