Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Help with FUTABA 9ZAP

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2021, 07:49 AM
colmo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with FUTABA 9ZAP

Hello all. I got a 9ZAP as a gift a few days ago. I am having trouble finding the switch control page, that is supposed to be on the System menu. I can’t find it on the radio or the menu instructions in the manual. What am I doing wrong??
Old 03-08-2021, 08:41 AM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Not familiar with that specific radio. However on some Futaba radios you have to hole 2 menu keys and then turn on the TX to access those functions. If that dosen't work ask in the Futaba Direct support forum.

David
Old 03-08-2021, 09:11 AM
colmo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, Dave. Already asked there. The icon SWT is listed as part of the System menu, but doesn’t appear in that menu in the radio or the manual. I don’t understand where it could be
Old 03-09-2021, 03:51 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by colmo
Thanks, Dave. Already asked there. The icon SWT is listed as part of the System menu, but doesn’t appear in that menu in the radio or the manual. I don’t understand where it could be
Like most radio manuals and probably worse, the 9Z manuals are not complete nor absolutely correct. All you can do is look around and experiment. I will recommend that whenever you get something working, back it up. That way you will not loose things as you experiment.

That is the voice of experience having owned, and eventually loved, a 9Z WC II.....

Sorry I'm not more helpful, but it's been way too long since I had that radio to remember much more other than to tell you what I just did about the manual not being complete or very comprehensive.
Old 03-10-2021, 10:40 AM
jescardin
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"colmo" i didn´t owned a 9ZAP but did ownerd and own many other computer Futaba radios, from old T7CP to modern T18MZ, and I think quite strange that SWT submenu is within System Menu.

I think it strange as System Menu is intended as configuration of the radio itself and adjustments apply to all model memories saved. Switches configurations may vary from one model to other so on all Futaba radios I remember the switches configuration lays in the now called "Linkage Menu" (today that is done with the "Function" submenu), so go to other menus intended for individual model configuration, just where you will find things like servo reversing, full travel limit adjustments and mixes.

Good luck with your classic radio!

Last edited by jescardin; 03-10-2021 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-11-2021, 08:54 AM
A Betancourt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Futaba 9Z does not have an specific switch menu. How the switch selection works is in each function menu that requieres a switch you will find the "SWT" option to select the switch that will activate o control that function.

This is a very flexible approach, this allows you to use the same switch for different functions, for example you can activate D/R and retract with the same switch.

With this radio the options are unlimited but of course the flexibility comes with a learning curve.

I have been flying with a Futaba 9ZWC2 for about 15 years and it has been a great radio, from my point of view one of the best built Futaba radios. I have just moved to Jeti DS12 and DS16G2 but I still use, like and trust my Futaba 9Z with a FASST TM-7 module.

Regards,
The following users liked this post:
jescardin (03-23-2021)
Old 03-13-2021, 10:28 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

It is contextual, you will see the SWT selection when it applies. It is not a top level selection
Old 08-27-2022, 07:23 AM
Fred Dings II
My Feedback: (2)

Hi. I also have been flying pattern and sport with a 9zap wc2. I have never found out how to delete a model from the first 10 model memories, I write over them. No problem with the campacs. How do you do it?
Fred Dings
[email protected].
Lancaster, PA
Old 08-27-2022, 08:04 AM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Fred Dings II
Hi. I also have been flying pattern and sport with a 9zap wc2. I have never found out how to delete a model from the first 10 model memories, I write over them. No problem with the campacs. How do you do it?
Fred Dings
[email protected].
Lancaster, PA
On my 10C and 9C I just copy a blank program to the channel I want to clear. This is assuming you have a blank one.

David
Fred Dings II (08-27-2022)
Old 08-27-2022, 08:31 AM
Fred Dings II

Hi. You probably have the answer to your question by now. I just found this thread today.
The easy answer is "you will see them when you need them", but this is one way of many to see them.
push key 'O'
select D/R
select "circuit A "
push "swt" this is on rught hand side
there it is.
You will need to select a switch if you use dual rate. See? There when you need it.

Old 08-27-2022, 08:33 AM
Fred Dings II

Thanks, DAVE.
Clever improv.
daveopam (08-27-2022)